Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2012, 12:16 PM

Default Re: 10.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpollack View Post
Maybe the problem was,when first time i tried to flash a card I saw it staying at one point for few minutes with no sign of life,so I closed the window,thinking that it's frozen..Next time I realized that after one minute it showed 6% after next 20 seconds 12% etc.. Is it possible that closing first window with flashing, destroyed something in the card ? How to fix it ???
Thanks,
jacek

Avid specifically said to NOT do this as it would cause problems. README's are a great source of information... especially before you make changes.

It's likely that Tom is right. You will probably have to send your card back to them to be un-bricked. I've not heard of anyone getting them going again without doing so..
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:03 PM

Smile Re: 10.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Did you use the NativeCardFlasher zion?
Yes.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:27 PM

Installed the update went smooth no glitches took only about 15 min.
Runs great!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Avid specifically said to NOT do this as it would cause problems. README's are a great source of information... especially before you make changes.

It's likely that Tom is right. You will probably have to send your card back to them to be un-bricked. I've not heard of anyone getting them going again without doing so..
What does bricked card means ? Yes I red all that before I started this process but it was going so slow that I was shure that it hangs...Another thing is when I use Native Card Flasher it shows 4 times Programming: 100% -- Complete!” (it takes long.. like 45 minuts,but when it comes to "Verifying" all I can se only something like maybe 80% and flasher desapears rapidly,and I'm not shure if the process is complete or not..

And now.. how to be sure that I need to send it over to Avid..Is there any way to test this card to know if it's something else ? Let me know,please !
Thanks,
jacek
PT|HD Ultimate Native , UAD-2 Octo x2 , Win 10 Pro 64 bit, AMD ThreadRipper 3960X (24 cores 3,7Ghz (48 threads), 64 GB G.Tech DDR4 3200MHZ ,Gigabyte TRX40 Designare (with Thunderbolt), (Philips 40'LED screan) , Samsung 24" LED 2x192 I/O, Nuendo 4.3, Wavelab 6, Halion 3.5, Yamaha 02R96V2, AvalonAD2022, AvalonVt737sp etc... www.MrPollack.pl ,www.facebook.com/polak.bros.studio
Old 02-02-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
What does bricked card means ? Yes I red all that before I started this process but it was going so slow that I was shure that it hangs...Another thing is when I use Native Card Flasher it shows 4 times Programming: 100% -- Complete!” (it takes long.. like 45 minuts,but when it comes to "Verifying" all I can se only something like maybe 80% and flasher desapears rapidly,and I'm not shure if the process is complete or not..

And now.. how to be sure that I need to send it over to Avid..Is there any way to test this card to know if it's something else ? Let me know,please !
Thanks,
jacek

Bricking a card essentially means that you've locked it in an unusable state. It will require tools that you do not have to get it working again. You will have to contact Avid support about how to go about returning it.

As far as checking the card, (I use a mac pro so I am unsure where to find it for windoze), Look for an application installed in your avid folder called DigiTest.. it should be in an utilities folder.

Run that and see what it says. It should interrogate the native card and report it's findings back to you.

Mine states that I am using firmware version 5.5 and that that is the latest version.

By looking on the slot tab you can also see the assembly number and revision, serial number, date of manufacture, and so on... It's a pretty strong diagnostic tool that a lot of folks are unaware of.

That being said.. if you can see your card there, and go to the Audio I/O Firmware tab, you may be able to force it to re-flash the card which may get it working by using the BEGIN UPDATE button. (Mine have the same version listed for the current and the update so I don't know if it will overwrite or not).

My system works great so I'm not about to mucking with it to see.. maybe someone else can chime in on this? Either way, if you're card is not working now, what have you got to lose?

Good luck.

(edit, I just realized that the firmware version and update is for my HD I/O and not the card.. don't think you are going to be able to do much other than to send it back)
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 02-02-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Bricking a card essentially means that you've locked it in an unusable state. It will require tools that you do not have to get it working again. You will have to contact Avid support about how to go about returning it.

As far as checking the card, (I use a mac pro so I am unsure where to find it for windoze), Look for an application installed in your avid folder called DigiTest.. it should be in an utilities folder.

Run that and see what it says. It should interrogate the native card and report it's findings back to you.

Mine states that I am using firmware version 5.5 and that that is the latest version.

By looking on the slot tab you can also see the assembly number and revision, serial number, date of manufacture, and so on... It's a pretty strong diagnostic tool that a lot of folks are unaware of.

That being said.. if you can see your card there, and go to the Audio I/O Firmware tab, you may be able to force it to re-flash the card which may get it working by using the BEGIN UPDATE button. (Mine have the same version listed for the current and the update so I don't know if it will overwrite or not).

My system works great so I'm not about to mucking with it to see.. maybe someone else can chime in on this? Either way, if you're card is not working now, what have you got to lose?

Good luck.

(edit, I just realized that the firmware version and update is for my HD I/O and not the card.. don't think you are going to be able to do much other than to send it back)
Thanks for this advices ..
I tried Digi Test but is says I need to update my native card,,and doesn't show it
Is it anyway to get older firmware than this: ProToolsNative_FW_d400.bin ?
Maybe if I would flash it with older version,i had before this disaster It would work again somehow ?
PT|HD Ultimate Native , UAD-2 Octo x2 , Win 10 Pro 64 bit, AMD ThreadRipper 3960X (24 cores 3,7Ghz (48 threads), 64 GB G.Tech DDR4 3200MHZ ,Gigabyte TRX40 Designare (with Thunderbolt), (Philips 40'LED screan) , Samsung 24" LED 2x192 I/O, Nuendo 4.3, Wavelab 6, Halion 3.5, Yamaha 02R96V2, AvalonAD2022, AvalonVt737sp etc... www.MrPollack.pl ,www.facebook.com/polak.bros.studio
Old 02-02-2012, 03:06 PM

Question Re: 10.0.1

Quote:
I thought this was the firmware info for your Pro Tools interface like an HD I/O for a HD Onni? I dont see a firmware revision in the Digi Test for the HD Native Card.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
I thought this was the firmware info for your Pro Tools interface like an HD I/O for a HD Onni? I dont see a firmware revision in the Digi Test for the HD Native Card.
I mean if I could get this .bin file with older version,maybe I could flash it back to my card..I don't know where should I look for this ?
Old 02-02-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I mean if I could get this .bin file with older version,maybe I could flash it back to my card..I don't know where should I look for this ?
I was responding to danander11.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Tom is correct. If your Native card is bricked then the Native card needs to be sent back to Avid.