Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2011, 02:08 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe
Default Only one assignable knob?

Hello,
I just (finally) discovered the assignable knob feature on the Artist Transport. It works quite well.

However they all light up when I press one; the softkeys cannot be assigned to different assignable knobs. One could for example map 3 sets of reverb tails and reflections knobs on the 6 softkeys. It would be a fast way to access multiple plugins at once.

How about having a maximum of 12 assignable knobs on the Transport that can be saved with the project?

A similar function could exist on the Artist Control unit it, where the actual knobs around the touchscreen could be navigated in sets of 8 via the softkeys.

Also, another "locked mode" bug: Next and Previous Marker do not work when the locked application isn't in focus [tested with Logic].
Old 11-01-2011, 11:30 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe
Default Re: Only one assignable knob?

Also, I don't mean to complain, but the shuttle on the Transport is still useless with Logic. 25% of the time then I "let it go" (even gently) after a very slow movement it returns the playback line to zero and I lose my position.