Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 07:02 AM

Default OT - I am finally operational again!! (new comp)

Well, I finally have the new computer up and running in the studio over here and a set of Event TR8's that should be here by Friday. As soon as I get the TR8's in place after I get them I am going to post pics. Thanks to everyone who has put up with my questions about getting the new system specs together and what not.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:07 AM

Default Re: OT - I am finally operational again!! (new comp)

Congrats Penguino,

Nothing like it eh ?
So, what computer did you get ? Still on PC, I hope..
There should a can of Guinness draught somewhere on that new picture...
A "hidden" message...you know...

cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 12-01-2004, 08:16 AM

Thanks much Lemix!

For the computer I have a Chaintech KT133A Via board with an AMD 2000 running at 1.7 ghz, 512 megs of ram (currently til my other chip arrives also and I max it out at 1 gig of ram), got a Geforce 2 card, DVD-RW/CD-RW drive, 530 watt power supply, 60 gb master drive, and 40 gb secondary drive. Nothing too fancy really, but It will get me by for a year til I replace the mobo and processor for the upgrade. oh, btw.. running Win XP Pro on it, definately still a PC. Honestly I played around on a Mac and just couldn't dig it.

As for the guinness, we'll have to send that somewhere in the pics of course. hehe The pics will be pretty clear caus my wife and I just got a new digital camera also after the Thanksgiving sales. hehe
Old 12-01-2004, 09:25 AM

Awesome dude !!

Good that you can rack up 400 posts at work, too !! Just keep your eyes open for the man..
WTF is a digital camera ? ( ).. I'm using these babies..
cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 12-01-2004, 10:02 AM

well, at my job actually I get to surf while doing it. I work for an ISP which also happens to be a cable provider so I can watch TV too. I basically sit here and do phone tech support for peoples internet issues all day. Some of them can get pretty annoying caus they don't know jack about computers, but hey its a job til I get something better going ya know.

As for the digital camera, are you serious man? You don't know what a digital camera is?
This is a digital camera

Basically the purpose of a digital camera is to take pictures digitally and store them on a memory card so you can transfer them to your computer and store them, or print them, or whatever. Pretty handy concept caus you can keep all your albums of pictures on a little 4x2 external hard drive and set up a slide show on your computer whenever you want to go down memory lane. hehe
Old 12-01-2004, 10:27 AM

Or burn a few million to CD. Or use photoshop or equivalent to do some touching up, and send them to the Hema or Albert Heijn (Dutch version of Wallmart and K-mart ) to get them on real photopaper. Pretty cool stuff. Those new camera's may look like little toys, but they sure are not. But you can play with it for sure.....

Bastiaan
Old 12-01-2004, 10:52 AM

yeah, I have been going around the house with the digital video mode on there taking clips of various pieces of studio equipment and what not. lol I may post an online tour on my site where you can see live video of the studio in 360 degrees or something if I get ambitious.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:10 PM

Just switch it to moviemode and record a little movie. Mine can do that...pretty cool

Bastiaan
Old 12-01-2004, 04:02 PM

Guys..
What is this world coming to ??
Do you mean I don't need to carry around my bulky Ikegami 3 tube camera anymore ??
WOW...
>>sorry, of course I know what a digital camera is...just being my sarcastic self again<<

cheers,

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 12-02-2004, 07:14 AM

lol was gonna say Mr. Lemix..... Of course the funny part is that I do talk to people at my job that don't know where the hell the power button on their computer is either, but I would assume that most everyone on the DUC is pretty tech savy and what not or atleast into technology.

btw... I got the new computer up and running and ran into a slight issue with the fan on the vid. card last night. The fan seems like it is about to go on the fritz and fry my vid. card. Guess thats what I get for getting it from a guy for free though. It was a decent Geforce 2 card though... guess I will be upgrading to the dual monitor card sooner than I thought.