How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2012, 04:30 AM

Default MAC OSX LION, Pro tools 9 and mbox 2

Hi sorry if there have already been posts about this on here but I can't seem to find anything.

I have just bought a new mac and it is on osx lion. I have an old version of protools (actually protools 7.4) and I have not upgraded in ages. When I came to get my new computer this was not at the top of my list to make sure it is compatible.

I have been looking at protools 9 which i believe i can get an upgrade for but it seems there is not a version to go with osx lion. I noticed they said they were working on it but that was in august 2011.. is there one yet?

I have an mbox 2 and have been away from the avid protools thing for a while but do use it a lot. would my mbox 2 work with the new versions of protools?

Also 7.4 will work on the mac but the mac will not recognise the mbox.. if people can suggest a away to fix this i would be very happy!!

Cheers