Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2003, 10:10 AM

Default -9035 error again

Is there one place to find a complete list of solutions to -9035 problem? Answerbase is no help
except for the few instances of name length, etc. That I've already tried.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:01 PM

Default Re: -9035 error again

Here's the bang up -9035 error of them all.

Granted, it's likely that digidesign will tell me they don't support this, but from a software developer perspective it's bad design and still breakage. Here goes:

We're putting ProTools on a Netboot image for one of our labs. For all Netboot newbies, Netboot is where you place a preconfigured image on an OS X server, and all clients boot off that image (thus making the system drive a networked drive).

Protools seems to work fine, until you try to record. You can record if your project lives in your home directory or the Netboot network image (which may or may not cash somewhere locally)...but if you create a project on the local disk (designated as a workspace) any new tracks you create will raise the -9035 error as soon as you hit record. Oddly enough, if you've created those tracks while the project lived in Netboot world, when you move the project to the local disk those tracks still record....but no *new* tracks will record.

This clearly has nothing to do with any of the solutions posted, so I'd really appreciate it if one of the Protools guys could respond to this. To recap, if you Netboot to an image with ProTools, but store your project on the local disk, any new tracks will raise the "DAE error -9035" when you try to record.

(btw, if someone from ProTools does check this out, I also have a tech request sent a while back regarding a Kernel_Panic on TDM machines that can occur sometimes when you delete edit groups...any chance of me hearing back on that one?)

take care all,
rim
Old 10-09-2003, 09:59 PM

Default Re: -9035 error again

I got a 9035 after using Disk Warrior 3.0 on my firewire drive. The solution, after contacting PT support, was to backup my files, nuke the firewire drive using Apple Disk Utility and reload the files. After that, PT had to find the files again (small issue), but it worked fine.

Paul

Here is a big list of general fixes the PT guy sent me--

Trash Preferences
Located In MacHD > Users > Home (your name) > Library > Preferences >
Prefs to trash are
com.digidesign.protools.plist, Dae Prefs (folder), DigiSetup.osx, & PT LE* V6.0 Preferences
(To trash your AMS preferences "midi preferences" the file is located in the same preferences folder as above the file is named com.apple.audio.audioMIDIsetup.plist)
For all Mounted Hard drives trash Volume.ddb files
Located In MacHD (and/or other mounted HD's) > Digidesign Databases >* trash volume.ddb
Trash Databases Folder If present
Located in MacHD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign >
trash databases folder
Configure System Preferences
System Preferences can be found on the DOC or in your Apple menu
Open Classic > Start/Stop tab
Un check > Start Classic when you log in
( to go from Classic System preference back to the System Preferences main window hold down the Apple key and the letter L )
Open Energy Saver
Uncheck anything that allows the computer to go to sleep/shutdown/ power save etc...
( apple+ L)
Open Date & Time
Verify that the date is correctly set
Go to the Network Time and check the box > Use a network time server
Disable any Virus Protection Software
Empty Trash do not restart yet
Repair Permissions on the Mac Hard Drive
Mac HD > Applications > Utilties > Launch Disk Utility
In the left Column all your mounted Drives/Volumes will be listed
for each drive there will be 2 listing one that will be indented and one that is not
*you want to select the Indented one for the MAC HD
Then Click on the Information Tab
Verify that the drive has been formatted HFS or HFS +
Then click on the First Aid Tab
Select Repair Permissions
Uninstall Pro Tools LE6.x* --* Run the installer 'Install Pro Tools LE' / run installer up to the point of 'custom install'
************************************************** Click on custom install and choose to 'uninstall' continue the process of uninstalling
Reinstall Pro Tools LE 6.x---run the installer choose custom install and install only the Pro Tools application.(not digitranslator;Mp3updater' etc...)

Restart you computer once this has been completed*

*If still having problemsUpdate to the 6.1.1
Available for download at www.digidesign.com/downloads
Old 01-08-2004, 06:22 AM

Default Re: -9035 error, not ever again?

Thank You Paul for the what-to-do-list. I had the -9035 problem with my G5, OS X, PT 6 system, but I donīt have it anymore:) But still I wonder how on earth this -9035 error apears also with the sessions named correctly, with the hard disk formated HFS+ etc. The error seems to have no logic at all. If anyone have some ideas what causes this error, please, let me know cause I have nearly lose my sanity because of it .

Old 01-08-2004, 04:00 PM

just to make sure, have you limited your open ended recording time?? I was having a lot of problems with this error, then I adjusted this, and it went away for good.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:36 AM

"just to make sure, have you limited your open ended recording time?? I was having a lot of problems with this error, then I adjusted this, and it went away for good. "

I will try that, thanks:)

But---

It sounds like a stupid question but do you mean that I should limit my open ended recording time and how much? Havenīt they resolve this problem earlier in PT 6.1 or something? Iīm runing PT 6.2.2. Also I was wondering how much it will affect if I have Lacie 200 Gb Firewire hard drive that is formated HFS+ in Os 9?

What have confused me more is that when I started to getting those lovely -9035 messages I copied the session to another hard disk( was using Lacie 200 Gb FW and Maxtor 250 Gb USB/FW, both HFS+). Didnīt help. Made a simple test session, named "a" to Lacie, just one sound file named "b", closed it and tried to open it. Didnīt open. Took Lacie to my G5 and miracle: session opens just fine. Brought back to G4 and it opens again with no error messages. No changes were made to OS X nor PT during this. After that I tried to open in G5 a session from my hard disk(Lacie 160 Gb, HFS+) but it didnīt open. God damned! Is this -9035 airborne??

Now I have done everything what was on Paulīs To-Do-list and my sessions opens fine(*crosing fingers and knocking wood with head*). But it doesnīt mean that everything is alright cause I have some sessions that wonīt open in G5 nor G4. Those are large sessions so importing tracks to another session means hours.

your rugrat
---
dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5
1 GB DDR SDRAM
2 CPU
OS X 10.3.1
PT 6.2.2
Lacie 200, 250 and160 Gb FW HD