Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2012, 05:51 AM

Default Unuseable control surface?

Good morning everyone. This is my first post in this thread. I started out with M-Audio software and hardware but not too long ago I upgraded to PT's 9 through Sweetwater Music Sales. My first M-Audio Hardware device was the 1010. I stupidly unplugged the computer with the 1010 plugged in and it fried! (My own fault) It had an obvious yellow warning sticker which in my haste I ignored. So much for the 1010. Then I spent more $$ on the Project Mix I/O. It worked great with the M-Audio software I was running at the time but when I upgraded to PT's 9.0 it wouldn't work. I even had Sweetwater support try to solve the problem via remote hook up to my pc but they could not fix the problem. (In the process of trying they upgraded to Pt's 9.0.3, then down to Pt's 9.0 2 which is where I am right now.) In the process of trying they did succeed in establishing partial communication between the PT's 9.0.2 software and the Project mix i/o but full functionality was never established. Everything I've read in Avids specs claims that the Project Mix i/o is compatible with Pro tools 9. Right now I'm using The Audiophile 2496 I/O and the preamps in a Mackie mixer. It works but is very limited in functionality. I miss actually mixing on a control surface. Does anyone have a clue as to solving this problem? This will be my last attempt at reviving the device. Thanks
Old 06-21-2012, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Unuseable control surface?

I'll take a stab at this... is the firmware for the project mix up to date?
Pt 8, Reason 5, Recycle 2.1, Ableton Live Suite 8.02
Plugs >
All Registered plug in's & Vinyl out the wazoo. Mp3 sucks
Old 06-22-2012, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Unuseable control surface?

I'm not absolutely sure. In the process of trying to get it functional, Sweetwater help may have overlooked that but I doubt it. The guy was very helpful and appeared to be knowledgeable and thurough. What can I do to verify if the firmware is up to date? Thanks for replying and for your assistance.