Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2006, 02:53 PM

Default Pro Tools Gets stuck in \"Pause\"

I'm using LE 7.0 on OS X 10.4 and every once in a while when I hit play, the stop button momentarily flashes along with the word "Pause" in the lower left corner of the arrange window. Once this happens the session stays stuck and refuses to play. Needless to say this is extremely frustrating and when it happens i have no choice but to close PT and reboot my computer. This normally fixes the problem but one session in particular is stuck like that. Has anyone else encountered this problem, or am I just doing something wrong and not realizing it ? Any advice would help greatly. Thanks...
Old 07-08-2006, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Gets stuck in \"Pause\"

The arrange window...do you mean the edit window?
Where exactly do the words appear? Are they in a box or does the text just appear as overlay on top of something? Seems really strange and I've never heard of this personally.

Try upgrading to 7.1 since it's a free upgrade and see if anything changes.

Something is going wrong with your setup - follow all the steps here: General Troubleshooting

Maybe first deleate all the Digidesign Databases Folders and your PT Prefs to see if that changes anything.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:41 PM

Is countoff on?
Old 07-08-2006, 04:50 PM

I had this same exact problem a while back and was equally baffled. On one occasion, A song had inadvertently increased in length to several hours due to who knows what. By removing the extra time, the problem was rectified. Hit your "end of song" button on the transport and see if the song length secretly increased to a ridiculously long period?

Stan Henley
President and Janitor
Junemoon Studios
Old 07-08-2006, 05:36 PM

I was told by a tech that its actually a bug in pt and the workaround is to change the h/w buffer size to another then change it back to where you had it.
I have not tried it myself but I hope it helps!
PT 8 cs2 OSX 10.5.8
Mbox 2 Pro, Mini, Micro
Old 07-09-2006, 07:38 AM

Quote:
I'm using LE 7.0 on OS X 10.4 and every once in a while when I hit play, the stop button momentarily flashes along with the word "Pause" in the lower left corner of the arrange window. Once this happens the session stays stuck and refuses to play. Needless to say this is extremely frustrating and when it happens i have no choice but to close PT and reboot my computer. This normally fixes the problem but one session in particular is stuck like that. Has anyone else encountered this problem, or am I just doing something wrong and not realizing it ? Any advice would help greatly. Thanks...

I had this problem with 6.9.2. and except for one other person, everyone thought I was ranting like I had escaped from an asylum.

I've given up on any fix for this, because for there to be a fix, someone would have to acknowledge that it exists in the first place.

But yeah, exactly as you describe. Exactly. And I tried everything.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:40 AM

Quote:
I was told by a tech that its actually a bug in pt and the workaround is to change the h/w buffer size to another then change it back to where you had it.
I have not tried it myself but I hope it helps!
I tried that. That's one of the first things I usually try because it restarts the audio engine (I think.) But it never did diddley.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:42 PM

I have this too! I just changed to mac and upgraded to Tiger and 7.0 at the same time. I have a digi 002 and this problem has occurred in every session I have opened since! It is driving me absolutely nuts as I haven't been able to get anything done in 2 weeks! I have tried everything in the sticky above and nothing has worked. Please someone help me to save my sanity...
Old 07-11-2006, 03:08 PM

I too had this problem and the earlier post is correct. Pro Tools is crapping out with a buffer error but its not telling you, you hit play and the lights flash and nothing happens, very annoying. Just change the buffer size or go and reselect the same buffer. This problem seems to have fizzled out for me and im still running 7.0 with no updates.

Regards
Old 07-12-2006, 01:41 AM

I've also experienced this problem in PTLE 6.9.2. Intermittent and frustrating. I couldn't find the solution but I wanted to let you know you are not alone.
Good Luck!
5,1 Mac Pro, 3.46 GHz Six Core Xeon, 48gb ram, Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.6, HD Native card, Avid 192io interface, Avid 96io, Intensity Pro video card, Radeon HD 7950 graphics card, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.7.