Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2002, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Digi at AES

Quote:
I guess you were at a different booth, the guys at the digidesign booth I went to were clueless about Pro Tools 6 or OS X.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wow... I sat through the same meeting they all had to at the beginning of the show. What info did you not receive? Pricing, release date, new features, what systems are supported? Can I put you in contact with someone at Digi to answer your questions? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2002, 08:54 PM

It seems I also went to a different AES.
Over the three days I was there, as far as Digi is concerned, I:

-Had two seperate hour long conversations with Adrian, the midi product manager on where they are going with it, what's in 6.0 and why, and what they are thinking of for 6.1.
I was able to voice my concerns about what I think should be in there and why. He listened, noted the problems and gave me his email to resend him a detailed email to remind him after the show.

-Hung out with Shandra, the artist relation manager, who explained to me how their artist programs work and what their roadmap is for the near future. She's nice, too bad you missed her.

-Talked to Stan Coty (Hardware engineer who was on the 192 team I believe) for a while about the 192, its output balancing scheme, SMUX possibilties for the ADAT i/o, etc, etc... "Why would anyone need that? ...
Oh really? That makes sense. I don't see it being a big problem, I'll check with the team, What's your name? Where can we reach you?"
-Got two incredibly thourough demos of 6.0 (NO crashes) by two different people whose name I unfortunately forgot.
-Got to talk to Kevin Miller, product manager for all Digi distributed plugs, who took the time to explain the problems they've been having with Echofarm, and why it's not on my machine today. He was extremely surprised and chagrined to learn that it's a big inderance to our business for that one particular plug-in to be so late. He subsequently offered to put me on the beta team to ease the pain a bit.
-Got to thourougly explain to the guy whose actually in charge that not having a quick way to browse through presets on the Virus plug-in is the reason why I won't upgrade to Indigo. To which he answered: "How should it be then?", and took notes on my suggestions, and also gave me his email with recomendation to "bug him repeatedly after the show to make sure he doesn't forget".
-Got to meet D.Clementson, with whom I also discussed the SMUX problem, just in case Stan would forget.
He's a very nice guy, and extremly passionate about the stuff he works on. I was impressed. (I'm not easy to impress.)

Maybe I just went to the wrong Digi booth.
Bummer.

Ciao,

Fab
Old 10-09-2002, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diegux:
I'm moving ASAP away from this flavorless platform.
Thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don't let the door hit you on the way out!