Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 08:58 PM

Default projectmix. pops & clicks on track after recording

hey

i really hope someone can respond to this. so far i haven't been getting much help on any of my projectmix concerns and questions.

i recorded some vocals today with a rode NTK mic. i noticed that on some of my takes there's clicks and pops on the track.
has anyone experienced this? i'm not sure exactly what could be causing this. is it the projectmix? has this issue been mentioned before? could it be the microphone? i recorded some guitar briefly to see if it happened there but it didn't. i'm worried it could be the pre amp or possibly the mic input.

any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

and on a side note, i was wondering how i am supposed to set up my projectmix so when im tracking guitar i can play over the session without recording. with the mbox there was a simple 'input/playback' knob that let you easily mix the two together so you can at least practice before you record. with the projectmix i can only hear whats going in if i have the track record enabled but even then there is a slight latency and it makes it hard to get into a groove.

any help would be great.

thanks everyone.

cheers
Old 07-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Avid

Default Re: projectmix. pops & clicks on track after recording

Can you provide more information on your system - computer model, OS version, number and types of drives used, attached peripherals, etc?

Have you tried all the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting thread yet?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:30 AM

Default Re: projectmix. pops & clicks on track after recording

hey sorry.

i am on a powermac G5 dual 2.5 ghz
2 gigs of ram
OS X 10.4.6
mpowered 7.1 (lastest cs release)

i have a firewire 400 drive attached to my G5 with all of my session audio.
i also have a usb 2.0 drive attatched with samples. i had to switch from a firewire 800 to usb 2.0 because the 800 was causing a lot of problems.

the projectmix is attatched to the rear firewire port.

i have tried everything in the troubleshooting.

i'm starting to think (or hope) that its the microphone. i'm going to call the rental place today and chat with them about ti to see if i can get any further assistance.

let me know your thoughts. thanks.