Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2015, 01:16 PM

Default iLok's Support is the worst - even when you want to pay!

Simple thing. . . just got a replacement Credit Card and want to update my Credit Card info so iLok's ZDT will go thru later this month. . . however I can't because there is a bug in iLok's Credit Card Update Page. . . basically it shows a list of States instead of Provinces, when Canada was shown as the default county (at least for me) and it used to work. I looked everywhere and there is no way to call or email iLok/support other than an RMA and then you need to pay. I called Pace from a Tel number Google found on another Forum, and left a message, but I am not hopeful. I did find a work around, but the web page form is buggy, and needs to be fixed. This just cost me 45 minutes, which is more expensive to me than ZDT.

How can we trust all our critical licenses to a company like this, with basically no support? Completely ridiculous!

Good to see Waves no longer uses iLok, and I wish all the Software companies would come together and tell iLok to shape up, or find another solution.

Better yet, all the pirates should be made to walk the blank, and the rest of us would not be in this mess. . . but that is not going to happen.
Old 03-12-2024, 08:17 AM

Default Re: iLok's Support is the worst - even when you want to pay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardk View Post
Simple thing. . . just got a replacement Credit Card and want to update my Credit Card info so iLok's ZDT will go thru later this month. . . however I can't because there is a bug in iLok's Credit Card Update Page. . . basically it shows a list of States instead of Provinces, when Canada was shown as the default county (at least for me) and it used to work. I looked everywhere and there is no way to call or email iLok/support other than an RMA and then you need to pay. I called Pace from a Tel number Google found on another Forum, and left a message, but I am not hopeful. I did find a work around, but the web page form is buggy, and needs to be fixed. This just cost me 45 minutes, which is more expensive to me than ZDT.

How can we trust all our critical licenses to a company like this, with basically no support? Completely ridiculous!

Good to see Waves no longer uses iLok, and I wish all the Software companies would come together and tell iLok to shape up, or find another solution.

Better yet, all the pirates should be made to walk the blank, and the rest of us would not be in this mess. . . but that is not going to happen.

9 years later nuttin has changed.
Old 03-12-2024, 08:31 AM
Avid

Default Re: iLok's Support is the worst - even when you want to pay!

Hi Mr335,

May I ask if you're having the same exact issue as what Howardk posted before? Please feel free to email me at [email protected] so I can coordinate your concern to iLok as well.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support