Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2010, 08:36 AM

Default Channel 1 keeps turning down

So I ran a show last night and I kept looking over (3 different times to be specific) and the Kick channel (channel 1) was turned all the way down. I was switching pages quite a bit with this one, so I thought I might have accidentally caught my finger on the fader when switching... but 3 times seemed a little much and I thought I would just throw it out there.
I just installed 2.8.5 a couple of days ago (just a note I have never seen this happen in the 2 years we have had this console), I have the Mix Rack with Profile Surface.
Thanks!
Sacramento, CA
Old 05-22-2010, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Channel 1 keeps turning down

I've had the same thing happen to me, but I always assumed I hit fader 1 with my hand even though I didn't think it did. I've tried to make it happen when my hand was clearly away from the fader, but never have been able to.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:09 PM

It´s happend to me too on 2 different Profiles...(ch 1)
Old 05-24-2010, 01:23 AM

This may not be it but I've seen this happen on our profile with a few different channels, 1 and 24. We determined that the channels had been slightly blocked on powerup and not reset. Sometimes it worked but others the fader went completely offline during the show and the only way to change it was with the mouse onscreen.

Since we figured this out we have been extra careful at powerup and have not had a problem since.