Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2001, 05:50 AM

Default SMPTE Slave Driver / PT 4.01

Hello, I use PT 4.01 on a PowerMac 7100 with an SSD. I use a DA-88 as tape machine. PT sync perfectly as slave to the DA-88 but I cannot get PT to create time code. When I press the "create from internal" button on the SSD time code is created but it is not the time code from the PT tracks it is just created from the SSD itself.
I have set the Peripherals (SSD uses modem port) - funny bit: if I do not set up OMS I do not get a modem port in the Peripherals window). I have also tried to change settings in the Session Setup Window but without any luck. Session Setup Window (use SSD tick box etc.) does not seem to change settings on SSD e.g. "create from internal/slave/external".
What am I doing wrong. Where could the mistake be.
Thanks for helping.
Yours John.
Old 02-15-2001, 07:15 AM
Avid

Default Re: SMPTE Slave Driver / PT 4.01

-Open the Setups>Peripherals>Synchronization window and make sure SSD is selected for the device and the proper port is selected.

-Enable "Using SSD" in the Generate Timecode field of the Session Setup Window.

-Pro Tools must be Online to Generate Timecode (you can enable Online operation in the transport).

Brent
Old 02-15-2001, 01:11 PM

Default Re: SMPTE Slave Driver / PT 4.01

Peripherals window: SSD is selected and correct port shown (modem).

Setup Session window: "Using SSD" ticked. no other changes to settings in this window.

Pro Tools is "Online" - blue button is "on" and "Play" and "Stop" button are blinking in blue colours ... but no time code.

I can go into SSD setup and start time code from there which will result in PT synching up at the synch point (e.g. 00:02:00:00). I must manually select the radio button "generate from internal" ("Lock and Speed Calibration" LED's are on). This works for a while - I can also start and stop a few times but then the LED's stay on, I cannot change back to "Resolve" radio button and no time code gets delivered.

I have also tried to keep the OMS set up as neutral as possible. What is the relationship or possible intereference between SSD and OMS ?

Thanks for your patience and thanks for replying.

Regards,

John

[This message has been edited by dodl (edited February 15, 2001).]