Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2012, 11:37 PM

Default importing tempo, meter, and marker rulers from several sessions

I have a session that I've done a lot of mixing in, and will continue to be mixing. I have several other songs which still need mixing and editing as well. I want to import all of the songs into the same session so that I don't end up redoing a lot of mixing (and the template thing doesn't help, because every time I make a change in one session, I need to remember to go back to all the others and make the same change, which is a major pain in the ass), but they each have their own tempo map, meter changes, and markers.

I've tried just about every possible combination in the import options to try and offset the rulers, audio, and MIDI that I'm importing to a position in the session after what is currently in there, and have even tried manipulating the starting bar/beat and timecode start of the other sessions. But nothing seems to do it properly. Markers get scrambled together or end up out of order, the tempo and meter rulers are totally screwed up for both the current song and the one I am trying to import at the end of the current song, and even MIDI and audio from the current song gets shifted around sometimes.

Does anyone know how to simply import the ruler and track data from several songs into one, but have all the imported data offset to a later start time than the stuff in the current session, without affecting anything else in the current session?
Old 11-06-2012, 12:47 AM

Default Re: importing tempo, meter, and marker rulers from several sessions

A couple of things:

MIDI tracks are dependent on the tempo map, so they will change time-wise when you import a different map. You'll need to print the MIDI tracks as audio if you want to import different tempo maps into your session.

Markers getting scrambled, you can avoid this by deleting all the markers before you import your markers from the next song.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:17 PM

Default Re: importing tempo, meter, and marker rulers from several sessions

I want to keep the tempo map, meter map, markers, and MIDI from each session I'm importing, but offset them to a position after all the current data for the stuff in the current session. Isn't there a way to import all this stuff after all the current tempo, meter, marker ruler data in the current session using an offset on the import?