Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2008, 07:33 PM

Default Instrument Tracks Becoming Inactive

This is something I've been seeing for a while and it's been bugging me. Still on 7.4.2 with Leopard, but this has been going on with previous versions on Tiger. Sometimes, I'll open up a session that has an instrument track, and it will have become greyed out/deactivated for some reason. No matter what I do, I can't make it come back. The only fix is to create a brand new track, dump the MIDI on there and move the plug or reinstantiate a new soft synth. I've also seen it happen when I change from one synth to a new one, the track goes inactive and I need to again create a new one. Am I doing something wrong here, or has this been a legitimately documented bug?

Thanks,
Sig
Old 12-22-2008, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Instrument Tracks Becoming Inactive

Come on, I'm the only one out of all the Pro Tools users that's seen this?? You've got to be kidding me...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:38 PM

hi SIegfried
I've had the same thing a few times...don't know what it is, I'm sorry.
I also see inactive 'S' or 'M' buttons every now and then...you know, the SOLO or MIX button....
Another question: I can't launch my pro Tools....the icon goes up and down but that's it, it won't open...any idea what this might be?
Best regards,
Marcel
Old 12-22-2008, 01:56 PM

Try either repairing your permissions or running the Pro Tools Pref and Database Helper tool.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried Meier View Post
Come on, I'm the only one out of all the Pro Tools users that's seen this?? You've got to be kidding me...
Can you give us info on your system specs?

Is it possible these devices (MIDI) used are going inactive in the Audio MIDI Setup panel of the OS?

Have you done any of the General Troubleshooting steps?