Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2001, 06:28 PM

Default Mp3 import/export

Hi all, I downloaded the "paid for" zippped Mp3 option to import audio, however received only a pdf file and read me file, no dll. However when I go to bounce I do not get any message that says only a X amount of days remain on my thirty day trial. Any ideas?

Did this fix itself, it is very confusing. Also is it possible on PT free to import Mp3 audio (as it is on Digi 001)?

You help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-03-2001, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Mp3 import/export

You need MP3 Export, not MP3 Option to work with Pro Tools Free. Backup or update files plus a description of the differences is in the Support -> Downloads -> MP3 Export & MP3 Option section:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/mp3.html

MP3 Export does not also do import of audio, a feature that was added with the MP3 Option/Pro Tools 5.1 combination. Because Pro Tools Free is based on 5.0.1 LE, it does not have the ability to use the MP3 Option import audio function. The export capabilities are the same, though.
Old 10-04-2001, 05:28 PM

I successfully downloaded the patch, unzipped it, and again it only contains the same two text files. I do not get a countdown on evaluation period on the Mp3 export. (As we have seen with our five digi01's at work, nothing comes up and the bounce works fine. Could it have possibly been installed by winzip wizard, and I did not know it. I have never been asked for my serial # or code. I'm stumped.
Thanks again
Lou

PS: PT free is working great on my new system, 2-30gig 7200rpm drives, PentIII, 800megs, 256ram...though a recommendation for the best sounding soundcard would be appreciated. Currently using Blaster, getting a little distortion on P-Back.
Old 10-05-2001, 01:16 PM

Never mind, finally got it installed correctly. Thanks for your support!
Lou
Old 03-23-2002, 05:13 PM

i downloaded the mp3 export plug-in today and replaced my mp3.dll file as it instructed...but no dice...it won't work. i'm getting an mp3.dll error when i try to bounce or export my files as mp3's. what's up? i use pro tools FREE.