Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2001, 08:21 PM

Default USD dosen\'t generate time code when in 9 pin remote mode

Why is it that I can't generate time code from the USD when the 9 pin is enabled?? I would like to stripe a tape while I record onto it at the same time I'm wartching the picture and the only way to do it is by disabling the 9 pin. Why ?????
Old 06-14-2001, 09:26 PM

Default Re: USD dosen\'t generate time code when in 9 pin remote mode

Actually, the video would have the time code but I would want to dump the mix onto a DA-88 but not stripe the tape before hand. I would like to stripe the DA-88 as I watch the picture. I guess I could 'Y' off the LTC on the video deck but just wondered why you couldn't use the USD for generating code.
Old 06-15-2001, 12:26 AM
Avid

In a standard Machine Control configuration you'd have LTC from the deck coming back into the USD. If there's no code on the tape (yet), there is no way for Pro Tools to get positional reference.

-If Pro Tools is set to "generate timecode using USD", it can't do this AND simultaneously read incoming timecode...It's one or the other.

Brent
Old 06-15-2001, 06:37 AM
Avid

Upon further research I must amend my last statement. Although the USD cannot receive and generate LTC, it does have a LTC Regeneration mode (subtle difference, I know).

-The USD will regenerate LTC whenever the external positional reference is moving at normal forward speed.

-Setup for regenerating LTC is explained in the USD manual (around page 46, depending on your manual version).

Brent