How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2016, 07:59 AM

Default S6L bugs..?

Hello

Got to work with the S6L for a TV-show on monitor and it´s really great!

Just found some issues that I just want to drop here!

1: When you make two mono channels to a stereo channel the system mute´s the outputs as it should (and the E6 clicks) and then when all is set and everything is on again the solo outputs is still muted. You have to adjust the volume on solo A and solo B to get sound coming trough again. Probably a bug or is it a feature...?

2: If you panning a stereo input channel on an stereo aux the pan is not full even if the value says it is 100% left or right. It´s more 80/20 or something.. Have tried change divergent under settings and also channel width but still the same.
Should it be like this or is it also a bug?

/Peter
Old 11-01-2016, 09:02 AM
Avid

Default Re: S6L bugs..?

I'm glad you enjoyed using the system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikzon View Post
1: When you make two mono channels to a stereo channel the system mute´s the outputs as it should (and the E6 clicks) and then when all is set and everything is on again the solo outputs is still muted. You have to adjust the volume on solo A and solo B to get sound coming trough again. Probably a bug or is it a feature...?
Changing the mixer setup, things like making or breaking stereo channels can ONLY be done while in Config mode, and some of these changes CAN mute the audio for a moment. The monitor busses muting is a known issue that's been addressed. Do you happen to know which software version this was running?

Quote:
2: If you panning a stereo input channel on an stereo aux the pan is not full even if the value says it is 100% left or right. It´s more 80/20 or something.. Have tried change divergent under settings and also channel width but still the same.
Should it be like this or is it also a bug?
This would be news to me, I'll take a look.

Thanks Peter!

[email protected]
Old 11-01-2016, 09:15 AM

Default S6L bugs..?

Thanks for a quick answer!

I think it's the latest software as I got the the 48khz madi out option on the stage rack.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:56 PM

S6L-32D, E6L-192, SW Version 5.3.0.137

In our S6L system there is a noticeable "stepping sound" when adjusting input gain +/- and also the same type of sound but even louder when adjusting input channel delay +/-. Is this normal behavior due to the delay processing the audio in realtime, a bug or just our system?

I also noticed our Console's Analog Output 8 had terrible noise on it. Lewis from Live Support mentioned connecting your Pro Tools computer as a temp fix for this issue. He said it is a known bug and will be fixed but I thought I would share just in case anyone else is having this problem.

Thank you Lewis for your help!

I LOVE this console! It sounds so good once you're dialed in. Great job Team Avid! I am looking forward to diving deeper in to the amazing potential this desk offers.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:11 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyajoy View Post
In our S6L system there is a noticeable "stepping sound" when adjusting input gain +/- and also the same type of sound but even louder when adjusting input channel delay +/-. Is this normal behavior due to the delay processing the audio in realtime, a bug or just our system?
Just tried to record gain changes to PT, see a good waveform without any stepping.

Delay seems to have issues, but this is probably expected.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentyn View Post
Just tried to record gain changes to PT, see a good waveform without any stepping.

Delay seems to have issues, but this is probably expected.
Great idea of recording to PT Valentyn, I will try the same and report back. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 11-02-2016, 11:55 AM
Avid

The delay is expected, as it's incredibly complex to do waveform smoothing in real-time based on timing changes made also in real-time, or faster than real-time in the case of going "back in time..."

The noise on output 8 IS a known issue, connecting a mac does make the noise go away, and this issue is being addressed right now. On the systems wherein I've seen this noise, it is in the -80dB or lower range, it would be surprising if you have this issue significantly louder than that.

Every 1dB IS an analog gain step, so there are technically steps happening there, with smoothing applied to the gain, when in the bottom most range of the preamp it's in my opinion more audible, but anywhere outside of that bottom-most range should reflect what Valentyn sees when doing a test recording

[email protected]