Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2008, 02:46 PM

Default Mbox connects then unconnects then connects and so on.....

I'm having a problem.

So I have Protools LE 7 and the Mbox 2.

I used the program fine without any problems frequently a few months ago, then i went away and came back and needed to use it again for a project. However, I find that when I connect the MBox to my powerbook the Protools Software can't find the MBOX.

I then go into MBOX's System preferences to find that my computer is saying "Unable to connect to MBOX2" ..... But then if I wait a few moments it will say "Connected to MBOX2" but then after another few moments it goes back to not being connected..... and this cycle repeats on and off endlessly.

I also notice that the lights on the Mbox turn on and off, consistent with it being connected and unconnected.

Tried restarting computer, tried Switching USB cable, tried reinstalling protools.... none of that works.

The only other peice of possible useful information is during the time between using it fine a few months ago and now my hard drive crashed and was replaced with a new one and I now have MACOS X 10.4.11. At the time I had an earlier one. i don't think its a compatibility issue because There was one moment where the MBox stayed connected long enough for me to open protools and see a timeline and the whole deal.... but then quit on me when the Mbox gave out.

Any help would be great, protools tech support phone line is closed now that its after 5. I really need to get working tonight.

_Drew
Old 07-31-2008, 04:37 PM

I take it you've checked the Mac's USB port is working?

As you're now running a newer OS, what about checking (and, if appropriate) updating the Mbox firmware?

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 07-31-2008, 06:18 PM

the usb port definitly works my mouse currently occupies it.... AND i tried another usb port.

the firmware can't install unless the mbox is connected.... which is the current problem