Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2006, 12:04 PM

Default Midi Controllers, Protools LE 7.0, and hell.

Okay, so here is the situation. i am a novice, everyone keeps sending me links to random forums, and i can't get an exact answer.

I have an oxygen 8 midi controller. all the drivers are updated, and i can access it in protools. i set up a midi track, and i can see the signal. when i hit the buttons, you can see the signal go up and down in the fader. i can't hear anything though, it lets me load patches sometimes, but i can't hear anything. when i push record it writes data, but yet, i still can't hear anything.

my controller is named digidesign 1. I'm running protools 7.0 w/ factory bundle through an mbox 2.

what I/O's do i run to hear something? do i have to set up a new track? i know this is begginer stuff, but i just cant seem to find an answer, how do i route everything up so i can hear it? If i can get a step by step way to set up each channel, it would be appreciated.