Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2022, 01:35 PM

Default Avid dropping Falcon PSA

Here’s another one that was mentioned quite a while back when software based samplers first started emerging. A RAMpler. It’s a ram eating sampler hog. Nowadays, with all these RAM limitations, you can’t have too many of these or too many all together running simultaneously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2022, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Avid dropping Falcon PSA

Thanks for the heads up on the Falcon crossgrade, grabbed it and used the 100eu voucher against the already on offer new Vintage Vault 4.

I also had an extra 100eu off that already as had registered a free early UVI library which qualified for the upgrade pricing, worth checking your ILOK if you ever picked one of those up (Digital Synsations in my instance), good price all in all for a big raft of new sounds.
Old 02-12-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsimmons View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the Falcon crossgrade, grabbed it and used the 100eu voucher against the already on offer new Vintage Vault 4.

I also had an extra 100eu off that already as had registered a free early UVI library which qualified for the upgrade pricing, worth checking your ILOK if you ever picked one of those up (Digital Synsations in my instance), good price all in all for a big raft of new sounds.
I didn't realize the voucher was good for anything, for some reason I was only looking at Falcon expansions. Good to know, there are some gems in Vintage Vault.
Old 02-13-2022, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsimmons View Post

Hey John..is there upgrade path for the already on offer new Vintage Vault 4.?
I have a registered old Digital Synsations same as you and I see it as 599 reduced to 399. It says 33 percent off, so I,m assuming thats without the extra "owning Digital Synsations" discount of 100
However I dont see anything in my account relating to that.
Any advice is appreciated
J
Old 02-13-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_uk View Post
Hey John..is there upgrade path for the already on offer new Vintage Vault 4.?
I have a registered old Digital Synsations same as you and I see it as 599 reduced to 399. It says 33 percent off, so I,m assuming thats without the extra "owning Digital Synsations" discount of 100
However I dont see anything in my account relating to that.
Any advice is appreciated
J
It's actually fairly clear looking at the product page. I'm not logged in to my account and looking at the 'buy' button I see the 33.3% and a $599 with a strikethrough coming out to a posted $399. If I log in to my account that $399 drops to $299. I have the freebie Digital Synsations from long ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before login.jpg (54.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg after login.jpg (55.3 KB, 0 views)

QAPLA!
Old 02-13-2022, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Avid dropping Falcon PSA - crossgrade to full UVI version $100 includes $100 vouc

^^ Thank for taking the time to reply John. Yes, I see it now, I was logged in when I posted but I had a couple of windows open and must have been looking at a "logged out" window" ..... apologies
Just received a Falcon voucher code, so I,m good to go
Quite a bargain, thanks Avid/UVI
Old 02-13-2022, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
I didn't realize the voucher was good for anything, for some reason I was only looking at Falcon expansions ....

This Voucher can only be used for UVI Soundware, which means it cannot be used for UVI Effects
https://www.uvi.net/soundware-overview

I would have liked to use my Voucher for Plate
https://www.uvi.net/en/effects/plate.html#overview

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionar...%20your%20gift.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 02-14-2022, 05:57 AM

Default Re: Avid dropping Falcon PSA - crossgrade to full UVI version $100 includes $100 vouc

@ musicman691 ... thanks
Old 02-14-2022, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
UVI apparently has a crossgrade price to the full version. If I understand correctly you just need to request it and it's an individual code.

Especially with v2.5 Falcon is unusually deep. I don't know if it's underrated or just not talked about but I enjoy using it. Otherwise I agree about the Avid bonus software, I ignore most of it.
Well,

I have inquired with UVI about what the crossgrade entails. I like Falcon and use it a great deal. I will update you on the result. Perhaps I was naive, expecting it to be a permanent part of the Pro Tools furniture. Once bitten...

Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt 2
RME Octamic II
UAD Octo Satellite
Old 03-02-2022, 05:58 PM

$100 bucks for Falcon... I'll take two.
thanks UVI!

I was going to pull the trigger during their Winter Black Friday $179 sale - I backed off and figured I would wait until next year. Now Black Friday is in the rear view mirror - my wallet is replenished - the iLok subscription terminated - had me a bit flummoxed - I contacted UVI and said "what up homie?" they said $100 bucks - I said instant buy.