Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2003, 09:58 PM

Default 6.0 is trying to open 5.2 sessions

Or, should i say...OSX is trying to open 5.2 sessions!

I have just installed 6.0 on my dual boot iMac...5.2 is running fine, and it is what i use, with Mbox.

But i boot back into 5.2 and try and open a session from my desktop (open folder / click on icon) but i now notice that my original 'blue and yellow reel' pro tools icon in 5.2 - has been replaced by the mean looking 'blue and green' pro tools icon i just installed for 6.0 in the finder..
..more importantly though, it puts up an error saying OSX is needed to open the session!

I can open up 5.2 sessions by going the long way about it in the apple menu - then going file / open session....but is there a way to avoid these conflicts and get my nice blue and yellow icon back?

and yes, i have installed both 5.2 and 6.0 onto the one system hard drive.

advice please chaps....i don't intend to switch over to 6.0 until this rewire thing is sorted for reason....
Old 05-13-2003, 10:20 PM

Default Re: 6.0 is trying to open 5.2 sessions

you have to save the sessions as a 5.2.1 session. You will notice in the file menu there are different ways of saving ........I dont remember the wording or what its called, but you will notice when you get there that you can save your session in like 5 different versions of PT's..........this should help solve your prob
Old 05-14-2003, 11:03 PM

Don't understand....they are already saved as 5.2 sessions....what happens is, Pro Tools 6.0 (i can see it in the finder) tries to open a session while i'm in OS9.2....that's the problem...any ideas why it's doing this? and why it replaced the original 5.2 icon?...should i un-install 6.0?
Old 05-16-2003, 07:46 PM

Anyone else????????????

I still get 6.0 trying to open 5.2 sessions...i can see in the Digidesign folder in OS9 that my blue and yellow icon has completely gone! IT has been replaced by the 6.0 icon in the OS9 folder...is this the problem?

What can i do? I will uninstall 6.0 but don't know yet if that will bring back the 5.2 icon...

Someone suggested i rebuild the desktop in OS9.2 as it was the solution for them - but it did not work for me.....any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:52 PM

Location: From: Trinidad (Humboldt Co.); living: somewhere between Chicago and St.Louis...

Hi...
I had the same problem at first, but I think after I did it the long way once, then after that PT 5 opened the correct session. Or did I do a "Get Info" on it and tell OS 9 what to open the session with? I can't remember right now which one it was, but it got sorted out...never did get my original icon back though... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Don't have to go and uninstall 6 though, holmes...in fact you're probably better off getting it sorted out w/o having to do a reinstall of PT 6, on a dual-boot drive.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2003, 05:59 AM

I don't think there is a way other than opening PT 5 first. Then even double clicking the file should work. At least on my computer. Having the same apps installed on both systems (9 and X) they all behave the same.
You could put PT 5 into your startup folder, then it is kind of the same feeling as before.
Hope this helps,
Tom
Old 05-18-2003, 12:11 AM

Thanks fellas...got it sorted though.
I uninstalled 6.0 - went back into 5.2 and could open sessions from the desktop, BUT that feckin green icon was still there in 5.2! even though i had uninstalled it!

So, i went back to OSX...looked in the digi folder there, and could see the original 5.2 application icon sitting there...so i made a copy of it - and dropped it in the OS9 desktop...booted back into OS9 and it was there...so it kind of 're-set' itself...that green thing is gone...didn't like it...it had to go [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Will probably move to 6.0 when it is as stable as 5.2 is for me right now, and has rewire (whenever that may be)