Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2009, 02:12 AM

Default Tracks not soloing?

Hello DUC. I am a new user of Pro Tools. I'm currently running Pro Tools 8 LE M Box Pro. I am having a weird issue with two things regarding solo. 1. When I press the solo button on a track It does nothing yet when I hit the mute button it mutes the tracks. 2. Coming from Logic when I send tracks to an AUX (BUS) when I solo the AUX channel I can hear every track that's sent there. On Pro Tools 8 however any tracks routed to the AUX channel cannot be heard once I hit the solo button. Any Idea what this is about? It might be something I am over looking. Thanks in Advance.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Tracks not soloing?

The first problem. You might accidently put the track into solosafe mode (cmd+click on solo button).
Pro tools works differently than logic. Probably the best way is to solosafe the aux, and solo the tracks.
Pro tools' mixer is built up like a regular analog console.
Tamas Dragon
Old 11-11-2009, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamasdragon View Post
The first problem. You might accidently put the track into solosafe mode (cmd+click on solo button).
Pro tools works differently than logic. Probably the best way is to solosafe the aux, and solo the tracks.
Pro tools' mixer is built up like a regular analog console.
Tamas Dragon
Thanks for the reply. I figured out what happened. I had the individual track going to a AUX. When I hit solo on the track it didn't solo until i routed it back to the main output. It's a pain to have to click on each track one by one put it in a group and route it to the AUX in order for me to solo the whole entire AUX channel for play back. Speaking of which is there anyway to select track tracks and route it to a AUX at one time instead of click on them one by one?
Old 11-11-2009, 05:49 AM

Uhm, no, I think you miss some real timesaver here.
If you want to send multiple tracks to an aux bus, just select the number of tracks, and hold alt+shift while assigning, so every selected will be assigned there.
If you want to solo multiple tracks, select them, and simply shift+s will solo/unsolo them. Or if the tracks are in a group, hit solo on one, so every other in the group will follow.
All of the above apply if I'm not misunderstand you.
TD
Old 11-11-2009, 07:21 AM

Translated to mac = option+shift
(3)192/SYNC IO/CS HEDD192/Studer A27/Neve 48 Ch. VR console
Old 11-11-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo6675 View Post
Translated to mac = option+shift
Just bought a new keyboard for my mac, it still says "alt". Although I know we usually call it "option".
TD
Old 11-11-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamasdragon View Post
Uhm, no, I think you miss some real timesaver here.
If you want to send multiple tracks to an aux bus, just select the number of tracks, and hold alt+shift while assigning, so every selected will be assigned there.
If you want to solo multiple tracks, select them, and simply shift+s will solo/unsolo them. Or if the tracks are in a group, hit solo on one, so every other in the group will follow.
All of the above apply if I'm not misunderstand you.
TD
Awesome. This sure did cut a lot of time for me. Thanks a lot. One more thing to clear up. So you are saying in order to solo my AUX channel all the tracks routed to the AUX including the AUX itself has to be grouped correct?
Old 11-11-2009, 05:40 PM

To solo-safe your aux track means it will not be 'muted' when any other track is soloed. For instance, if you assign 3 tracks to a 'solo-safe' aux track and solo any one of those three tracks, then you will still hear it.