Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Space Cabin Audio

Default Strange DAE and EA Behaviour(Solved)

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing any of these problems

1. Mix window is super slow to scroll through. I can quickly navigate the Edit window, but the mix window is painfully slow, even at low CPU usage.

2. After doing heavy EA editing I get an error that says "please increase the Cache Size/DAE Buffer Size. I understand that , but immediately after I get a message saying that another application is using the 002, hit OK to reconnect, I hit OK and it reconnects. I hit play and the whole cycle starts again. After a full restart, it is ok again. During this process, my CPU is at %65 and my ram usage is at 995mb, and I have no other device or application using fire wire. This happens on all sessions.

I will do an extreme troubleshoot and report back. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this behavior.

This is with only the stock Digi plugs installed with the MPTK all updated from the current update page on my Tyan Opteron quad.

All in all though, PT 7.4 is insanely crazy.

Kris
May the music move you
Old 11-24-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Strange DAE and EA Behaviour

Today I had a session which told me to increase the cache, then to tell me to reconnect my hardware, press OK, try to press play again, and the same thing. Don't even have EA on any of the tracks or regions.

Restart of PT fixed the problem.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Space Cabin Audio

Glad to hear it's not just me SeedGuy! Are you sure you are not from Vancouver! LOL

Anyways, here is the latest.

I have realized that this problem happens everytime I change an EA track from Real Time Processing to Rendered Processing. As soon as PT is finished Rendering, I can no longer play back the tracks without quitting a relaunching PT.

I have done all of the troubleshooting steps and it fixed things for a while, but once I rendered the EA, BAM Lost connection, DAE errors, Cache Errors.....ECT.

My gut tells me that this is a direct result of the Processor error that AMD machines have now.

I still cannot figure out why my Mix window is so slow though. The edit window is normal, but the mix window is Painfully slow.................

I think after all my EA editing is done, I am going back to 7.3 to mix. 7.4 is to much a PITA. EA however is now a part of my needs. Crap. Thank god for True Image......

Kris
May the music move you
Old 11-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Space Cabin Audio

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. It is driving me crazy. Editing will be done before the Grey Cup, then it's time for some FOOTBALL! Canadian style. Then back to 7.3......

Kris
May the music move you
Old 11-25-2007, 09:26 AM

i had a incident close to this.

dove into the ea last night for the first time. decided to put together a tune and learn the ea functions in one swoop.

everything was going fined, then i got a disk cache error, would not go away, if i did i got the lost conectivity error, ok through it, disk cache error, could not get out of it. rebooted and all worked well. lost inspiration after this, moved on to another project

i did not have anything rendered, was still changing stuff to much, had about 8-10 stereo tracks of ea going.

i of course am also running a amd quad. kinda weird i tell ya!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 11-25-2007, 09:27 AM

I am to having issues with 7.4...going back to 7.3 myself.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Space Cabin Audio

Just thought I would bump this thread again.

Kris
May the music move you
Old 12-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Space Cabin Audio

Default Re: Strange DAE and EA Behaviour (Solved)

I found the reason for this strange behavior was a mistake on my part during installation. I accidentally installed the Avid Video Engine. I have no video hardware in use with this machine

It took a complete uninstall and reinstall of PT, but 7.4 has now been rocking solid for about 10 hours straight, not one crash. AWESOME!

Kris
May the music move you