Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2011, 08:00 AM

Default Talkback setup w/Artist Control and Apogee Ensemble

Hey there, been trying to find this everywhere and the manual has absolutely nothing on how to set up a talkback situation using MC Control and Ensemble and Logic. I just want to be able to push the talkback button on Artist Control and have it work, anyone have suggestions or thoughts on how to set this up properly? Thanks in advance.
Ps. I use Maestro to control the Apogee

Last edited by dylannau; 06-14-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: more info
Old 06-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Avid

Default Re: Talkback setup w/Artist Control and Apogee Ensemble

You would need to use Studio Monitor Express for Logic and/or Maestro, as they do not support this functionality directly (Cubase and Nuendo do support it.).
Old 07-27-2011, 10:01 AM

OK, thanks for your response. I have installed Studio Monitor express and now suddenly Eucon will not start up. It just says "network configuration alert""eucon network services could not be started there was a problem with the current network configuration that could not be resolved. Please check your network connections and try again"
I quit Maestro and try starting it and same thing, Eucon will not start up. I go to netork connections and it says my ethernet is not hooked up to anything, but I cna't figure out why Eucon wont just start up. Thouroghly confused.
Is there an issue with Maestro and Studio Monitor Express? Maybe I should uninstall Maestro or something?

Mac OSX 10.6.7
Old 07-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Avid

Have you tried restarting? Can you give me more details about your configuration - how everything is connected, whether you're using DHCP or static IP, etc?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:43 AM

Yes I can. I have MCControl and MC mix hooked up to Ethernet. I am using Logic Pro 9 and Apogee Ensemble. I was using Maestro software and just now am trying to use SME. I have since the last post re-installed Eucontrol and now that seems to be working fine, but, I am getting no sound out of my speakers. I guess I am confused on how to setup properly with Logic, SME and my ensemble. Will Maestro software be causing problems with the 2? If so, how can I control the ensemble as far as input and 48, clock and all that. Thanks for getting back so quickly, really wish I was not so confused about this. Cheers.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:50 AM

Well, after some work I seem to have made it work again, now I will try and see if the talkback function is working as well. Thanks again!!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:12 PM

Well, i can not seem to get this to work. Any chance you could help me once again?
In SME I have setup Logic Pro as a source as channel 1 stereo. In the main section I have control room set to logic pro, everything is working fine as far as the main outs and my monitoring situation. I then set up another source labelled "talkback" starting on channel 9. Then in the patching menu, I have under the "audio device in" channel 9 set to Ensemble channel 8. On channel 8 of the ensemble I have a mic and mic pre ran into it and I can see the levels on the ensemble. When I press the talkback button on the main section of the SME, it dims the monitors and headphones but I can hear no audio from my microphone. Also, when I go to the mc control and go into the setup page, I get no response from either the talk button or the dim. Cut works and mutes the mix.
So with that, I am wondering if yo uhave any idea what is going wrong and what kind of action I should take. Also, is Monitor A and Monitor B the 2 headphone mixes? if so, would I set those up in the patching section on SME as output 1 and 2 on the ensemble?
In the eucontrol main preferences pane I have the box checked for using SME. Thanks in advance
Dylan
Old 08-03-2011, 11:43 AM

Smile Re: Talkback setup w/Artist Control and Apogee Ensemble (SOLVED)

Well, I figured it out, hopefully this will help someone else. You have to be sure if you are using Maestro along with SME that you choose SME to lock your monitor and control room knob through Eucontrol, not Maestro. Took me a long time, thanks for your help. Operator error of course. In logic Pro be sure to have the outgoing monitor to Euphonix monitor and your input from your interface.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:19 AM

Hi Dylan, I found your post and it helped me! Thanks