Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2014, 02:53 PM

Default protools 11 w/ x32 firewire

I am brand new to this digital world. I am trying to configure Protools 11 to interface the x32 Behringer through firewire.

Can someone give me an explaination easy enough for my 4yr old grandson to understand (he's kinda smart (but everyone says that about their kids)).

I tried doing it according to a video on Youtube but there were a few things that were left out like when I go to setup/peripherals/midi controllers and set the type to "HUI" it leaves the to and from settings on none with no other options. According to the video there should be other settings.

Please help.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:31 PM

Default Re: protools 11 w/ x32 firewire

I m trying to record tracks in protools, I see that may be done with the usb cable. Is this true and which is better?
Old 05-09-2014, 09:54 PM

If the X32 has both, firewire SHOULD be faster, but you MUST have a compatible FW controller in your computer(which we know zero about...hint. hint...). Have a read here:
Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!
More thoughts; HUI is all about CONTROL and nothing about AUDIO. Start by seeing if the X32 is the selected Audio Engine(inside Pro Tools, Setup>Hardware>Audio Engine). If it IS selected, watch some more youtube videos. If its NOT selected, and you CANNOT select it, you either have a bad FW cable, corrupt or missing driver, incompatible FW controller(needs to be a TI chipset) or maybe the incorrect FW driver is selected(on a PC anyway).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-10-2014, 09:36 AM

Thanks Dave...
The Hardware is setup for Protools Aggregate I/O and I don't see a way to change it.
I am getting a new firewire cable but if it is the driver how do I replace it?
Old 05-10-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmbrownsr View Post
Thanks Dave...
The Hardware is setup for Protools Aggregate I/O and I don't see a way to change it.
I am getting a new firewire cable but if it is the driver how do I replace it?
If Aggregate is the only available option, then you probably need Behringer's Core Audio driver for the X32(and their website/support would be my next stop). Now that we know you are on a Mac(see why info is important, folks), that pretty much rules out the FW chipset, BUT(big but),,,does your Mac have a FW port(and is it FW400 or 800), or are you using the thunderbolt port with Apple's adapter cable? Much to think about here, and, since I'm a PC guy, afraid I won't have much more to offer. I have a friend that ran an x32 with a PC and he loved it(only sold it to move to the new Midas M32).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave