How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2011, 10:32 AM

Default Upgrade download problem: Pro Tools 10 Installer not recognized

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade from Pro Tool 9.0.5 to Pro Tools 10. I bought an upgrade card. The product shows up fine on the My Products page of my Avid account and I have no problem downloading it, but every time I double click the finished download (it is a 2.15 GB .dmg file) I get an error message:

Pro Tools 10 Installer not recognized

(or more precisely: Pro_Tools_10_Installer not recognized).

I've seen some posts elsewhere suggesting the download may not be complete but I've tried three times now and each time had the same result. I tried looking at the .dmg file in Disk Utility and it also pronounced it as unrecognisable.

Can anyone help?

Thanks very much.

Phil

Macbook Pro 2.66 Core i7 4GB RAM
Mac OS X 10.7.2
Old 11-20-2011, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Upgrade download problem: Pro Tools 10 Installer not recognized

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnicholl View Post
Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade from Pro Tool 9.0.5 to Pro Tools 10. I bought an upgrade card. The product shows up fine on the My Products page of my Avid account and I have no problem downloading it, but every time I double click the finished download (it is a 2.15 GB .dmg file) I get an error message:

Pro Tools 10 Installer not recognized

(or more precisely: Pro_Tools_10_Installer not recognized).

I've seen some posts elsewhere suggesting the download may not be complete but I've tried three times now and each time had the same result. I tried looking at the .dmg file in Disk Utility and it also pronounced it as unrecognisable.

Can anyone help?

Thanks very much.

Phil

Macbook Pro 2.66 Core i7 4GB RAM
Mac OS X 10.7.2
Hi,

Dd you trash the first download and empty trash before downloading again! Also try downloading on another computer maybe! Then drop it on a flash drive or DVD as a data file and copy to the mac etc, it can be downloaded on any computer mac or PC.

Also try creating a new login account on your mac. See if that works.

Make sure the .img and the desktop folder which is found in your user library, both have privileges set to read and write, you can right click to get info then check privileged are set to read write for admin and you, if not unlock at the bottom of the window and make the changes to read write then re lock, then log out of the mac and back in, then try mounting the img.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:18 AM

Thanks, Chris.

I've finally identified the problem. It seems my new router (a BT Business Hub) has a 2GB cap on file download!

The files I had been downloading were showing as 2.147 GB which I assumed was complete. I changed back to my old router and tried again and this time the file was 2.26 GB.

The .dmg file opened nomally and I then installed Protools 10 only to find that it does not see my ilok! I can see that there are quite a few threads about this so I'll move on to solving the next problem.

Thanks for your help.

Phil
Old 11-21-2011, 03:44 AM

Just an update to my last post to say that the ilok problem was because I'd forgot to update the ilok software and install the new licence!

Having done that ProTools 10 is running perfectly and I'm pleased to say all virtual instruments including the AIR expansion pack are fine too.

First impressions are good...
Old 11-21-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnicholl View Post

I've finally identified the problem. It seems my new router (a BT Business Hub) has a 2GB cap on file download!

Phil
A 2gig download cap!! What are they thinking? This ain't 80's

Glad you got it sorted!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.