Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2009, 08:48 AM

Default My thoughts on being new to Mac and PT8

First off, I got my first Macbook (black macbook (mid2007 model) , 2.1gh, 2 gigs RAM) a few months ago, and I love it!!! It was a gift and I didn't pay a dime for it, but knowing what I know now, I see why audio folks love their Macs, and spend the coin for them. You load up your programs and just start working. I'm still trying to rewire my brain from years of use on a PC.

I have used PT religiously since 2001 on a PC. I built about 10 different PC's that worked well with PT. Nothing wrong with a PC, but a Mac just has that "it" factor. That is the best way I can describe it. I recently upgraded from an 001 running 6.4 to an 003 and PT 8.

PT 8 has been nothing short of amazing for me. I absolutely love the new look, the midi editor, and the new VI's and plugs are sweet. I also cannot believe how powerful my little macbook is when running PT8. I cannot upgrade past 2 gigs of RAM, but it has been more than enough to run a lot of plugs and VI's at a 64 buffer setting. PT seems to run very smooth and editing and workflow for me, is much improved. I cannot believe the difference in the midi workflow. The midi editor makes using midi fun, and it's quick and painless. I also purchased the MTK2 and Strike, and even though rewire is not running well on PT 8, I'm hardly missing using Reason at the moment.

For a one man show like me, PT 8 has been a dream for getting songs done quickly and professionally. I can now track, mix, and I just send if off to my mastering guy.

So, to Digi, I thank you for this latest release, and for letting me do what I love to do most. Create music!!!! Oh, and to you Mac guys, you were right, Macs kick serious a**

Happy Recording!