Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 07:40 AM

Default The operating system held off interrupts for too l

My Problem ?
The operating system held off interrupts for too long. If this occurs frequently, try increasing the "H/W Buffer Size" in the Playback Engine panel. (-6086)

What have I done to try to fix the Problem !
I have gone into the Playback Engine and turned the H/W Buffer size all the way to 1024 samples but
this problem still occurs. It happens when I'm trying to play the recorded audio back and it also happens when I'm trying to record vocals. I have no plug-ins in the session at the time

What I am working with ?
AMD Processor 3200+ / 704 Megs of RAM / 80 GB which the WIN O.S. is on and Protools is installed on/ 250 GB which I store all my finished audio on.

I pray that I have given enough information, so that someone could help me.
Thanks

Jacob Iz
[email protected]
Old 02-11-2007, 08:04 AM

Default Re: The operating system held off interrupts for t

Quote:
What I am working with ?
AMD Processor 3200+ / 704 Megs of RAM / 80 GB which the WIN O.S. is on and Protools is installed on/ 250 GB which I store all my finished audio on.
Pro Tools should be installed to the system drive, not the 250Gb.

Also, you're not posting a lot of details about your system. What kind of drive is the 250GB? Does it meet the Hard Drive Requirements?

You should have a read through the General Troubleshooting thread, there are definitely some things there that might help you. If not, there are instructions (and a link to software) to post your system details so that we can help you better.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 02-11-2007, 02:31 PM

Pro-tools 7.0le, software is installed on systems hard drive (which is a 80 GB HD by western digital 7200rpm). The 250GB HD is an external western digital 7200rpm, I don't record on the external of course. I dump all my finished audio onto the 250hd external for playback only. the hard drive that I'm recording onto is the local c drive which is 80gb total but I have 50gb free space.

what all do i need to post about my system in order for help. I'm thinking the problem is in my configuration. I've had this same system for atleast a year but i'm now getting this problem.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:46 PM

Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Never,Ne ver,Never,Never,ever record to your system drive. It corupts the drive in ways you don't even want to know about. You must always record to a drive used only for the purpose of recording audio, or video and you MUST defragment this drive often. I generaly do mine when ever I turn my machine on. I use a utility called Disc Keeper. It is fast and thorough. But under no circumstances record to your system drive It is strictly TABOOOOO!!!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 05:24 PM

My system meets all of the requirements. Like I said earlier I believe it's a configurement issue.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I don't record on the external of course. I dump all my finished audio onto the 250hd external for playback only.
If that means you are recording to the system drive, you are not meeting all of Digidesigns requirements.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:14 PM

So, do you have an answer to my problem? I've been using this same interface (Mbox)/ same HardDrive/ and software(6.0) for 3 1/2 years never had a problem until now. I bought 7.0 in January of 2006, I've been recording session after session using a lot of plug-ins, and etc, why the problem all of a sudden?

Can anyone help me with this problem:

The operating system held off interupts for too long. If this occurs frequently, try increasing the "H/W Buffer size" in the Playback Engine panel. (-6086)
Old 02-11-2007, 07:19 PM

Please listen, I'm obvisiously not as educated about Pro-Tools as most of you guys. So therefore I'm not here to argue about wheter my system meeting requirements or not. I've been doing the same thing for 3 1/2 years, and always gotten satisfying results, why all of a sudden I'm getting this message?

Can someone please help answer my question or help me solve my problem. I'm not here to argue or to show off my Pro-Tools knowledge. Thank You

My Problem again:
Why does this message comes up while I'm trying to record or play music in a Pro-Tools session?
The operating system held off interrupts for too long. If this occurs frequently, try increasing the "H/W Buffer Size" in the Playback Engine panel. (-6086)
Old 02-11-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Please listen, I'm obviously as educated about Pro-Tools as most of you guys. So therefore I'm not here to argue about whether my system meeting requirements or not. I've been doing the same thing for 3 1/2 years
This was your first post.
Dated last January.
You had an unsupported Sempron system at that time.
You were desperately trying to get Pro Tools working for you.
So for a year and a half prior to that, you were running what other Pro Tools LE system successfully?

I don't mean to turn this thread testy. I really was trying to point out a suggestion that might apply.
The message you are getting could very well come from recording to your system drive.

Your vast expertise tells you to ignore that suggestion.
In fact, you have shot down everyone who has offered help.
I sincerely hope you find acceptable advice to help get things working for you.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
You should have a read through the General Troubleshooting thread, there are definitely some things there that might help you. If not, there are instructions (and a link to software) to post your system details so that we can help you better.
In that thread that I linked you to there is this suggestion:
Quote:
Note: To enable other users to help you, please include all of your system details when posting an issue to the DUC; Pro Tools hardware, Pro Tools software version, CPU, OS version, Motherboard make/model, chipset, amount of RAM, type of hard drives used, etc.

- SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application can be used to post your full system profile:
www.sisoftware.net
Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions.
Please, load the SiSoft Sandra software, run it, go to the "Hardware" tab, and run the "Computer Overview". Post the results here.

And...
Quote:
I'm obvisiously as educated about Pro-Tools as most of you guys.
If that were true, then you wouldn't be doing this:
Quote:
I don't record on the external of course. I dump all my finished audio onto the 250hd external for playback only. the hard drive that I'm recording onto is the local c drive

I'm with JMS here; I think you're completely full of it.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12