Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 02:03 AM

Default Re: The operating system held off interrupts for t

this helped me with my laptop:

even if windows is not complaining about drivers installed on your system, it is still worth downloading all drivers for your hardware from your manufacturers website, particularly: PCI channel drivers, Chipset drivers.

This might replace one of the automatically-installed windows drivers and make your system run faster. Upgrading these two drivers on my laptop caused it to change from falling over every 30 seconds of recording to working flawlessly on 16 channels for hours at a time.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:18 AM

I was getting this error consistently for no reason at all whenever I minimized the PT window during plyback. As soon as I upgraded from 7.1 to 7.3.1 the error stopped and no dropouts. So try upgrading and see if that helps.

- KB
Old 02-13-2007, 02:06 AM

Shawn Patrick Kichta,

One word changes everything. I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound like a jerk ya'll I promise.

I meant to say I'm obvisiously "Not" as educated as you all are. I typing way too fast.
Shawn, you're right I wouldn't be on this forum if I knew as much. I feel like a fool as
I went back to read my post. Sorry guys

And I honestly do appreciate everybodies help. I did get a hard drive strictly for audio/recording, there's nothing but Pro-Tools sessions running on that drive. This still didn't solve my problem. Maybe I will either re-install Pro-tools or even upgrade to 7.3. Thanks guys
Old 02-13-2007, 05:40 AM

did you try upgrading all your drivers like I suggested?
Old 02-13-2007, 12:06 PM

JacobIz, to answer your question specifically:
Quote:
My Problem again:
Why does this message comes up while I'm trying to record or play music in a Pro-Tools session?
The message you are getting could be caused by a number of things, including and especially hardware compatibility. Unless and until you post detailed specifications about your system, we here cannot rule out the possibility that you are using unsupported hardware. I'm afraid taking your word that your system "meets all of the requirements" is just not an option here. I'm not saying that I don't trust you, but I've read an posted here long enough to know how many times someone claims that their system is totally compatible, only to find when the post the specs that it is not even close.

As JMS40 mentioned, in your previous post, you claimed to be using a Sempron processor, which is not supported because it can cause the exact problem you are posting about, understand? It may not be the answer that you want to hear, but there is no way around it. Square peg, round hole. You dig?

If you will please follow my request from before and download and load the SiSoft Sandra software, run it, go to the "Hardware" tab, run the "Computer Overview", and post the results here so we can eliminate the possibility that you have overlooked a compatibility issue. Once we rule out the possibility that you are using unsupported hardware, we can move on to configuration issues, OK?

The fact that you are unwilling to co-operate in this matter is very suspicious; it only takes a few minutes, and it really couldn't hurt anything, could it?

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 02-14-2007, 04:02 AM

like I said before I'm not trying to be a jerk or hardheaded, I'm just a little naive about
how protools operates. I visited the site http://www.sisoftware.net/index.html...64&langx=en&a= but which one do I download,
I'm so overwhelmed. Do I download the one under WinSite or the one under Windows Marketplace. Please respond back, soon.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:10 AM

Uk RAF, if you don't mind please email me at [email protected]
Old 02-14-2007, 05:19 AM

Quote:
did you try upgrading all your drivers like I suggested?
Yeap, sure did. Thanks for helping brother!
Old 02-14-2007, 05:26 AM

Quote:
I was getting this error consistently for no reason at all whenever I minimized the PT window during plyback. As soon as I upgraded from 7.1 to 7.3.1 the error stopped and no dropouts. So try upgrading and see if that helps.

- KB
I think I'd really be pushing it, by trying to upgrade to 7.3. I really don't think 7.3 supports the Sempron processors, besides I think minimum requirement for RAM is like 730+ I only have like 703. I'd love to upgrade to 7.3 but I think I'd be wasting my money because I'm not fully equiped.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:35 AM

Quote:
I visited the site http://www.sisoftware.net/index.html...64&langx=en&a= but which one do I download
I already gave you that instruction too:
Quote:
Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions.

Geez! Is there a language barrier here?

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12