Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2023, 03:12 PM

Default Plugin Alliance M1 AAX DSP Issues

There seems to be some issues with the Plugin Alliance plugins running in HDX DSP mode right now, and when I brought it to the attention of PA support they claimed that they couldn't replicate it. It seems that in this most recent build they failed to check viability with specifically the AAX DSP on a few plugins

So far offenders are:
Ampeg B15- Returns error message attached
bx_BlueChorus2- Noise Blast (Be Warned!)
bx_Limiter- Crashes Computer (note: might be fixed now with update, haven't confirmed)

Anyone else having these issues?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 2.59.12 PM.png (16.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-12-2023, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Plugin Alliance M1 AAX DSP Issues

The limiter had a known issue that is now reported as fixed.

Are you using an HDX system or a Carbon? (it matters in the case of HDX-DSP plugins to test.)
Old 09-13-2023, 01:11 AM

Same here on B15-N on Carbon, not fixed yet.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHelbsing View Post
Same here on B15-N on Carbon, not fixed yet.
Carbon is a different beast (why "hybrid" plugins don't run correctly on it -- those that depend on native processing but are technically HDX DSP like from Avid, Nugen, etc.)

However, if reporting an issue to the maker, it's important to mention that you are testing on a Carbon. Because they won't be able to recreate the issue on a standard HDX.
Old 09-13-2023, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
The limiter had a known issue that is now reported as fixed.

Are you using an HDX system or a Carbon? (it matters in the case of HDX-DSP plugins to test.)
Unfortunately its happening on both my Carbon and HDX rig
Old 09-13-2023, 11:59 AM

The level of support I got was actually pretty crazy, and it seems to be in line with their recent move to being in the Native Instruments family. I had an iZotope account issue as well that was poor using the same support system, so who knows whats happening over there right now.
Old 09-30-2023, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen333 View Post
The level of support I got was actually pretty crazy, and it seems to be in line with their recent move to being in the Native Instruments family. I had an iZotope account issue as well that was poor using the same support system, so who knows whats happening over there right now.
From what I can gather on my occasional interactions with iZotope and PA crew is they are currently going through process how to best integrate everything. I'm sure they will come to some kind of approach and "standardisation" hopefully based on the best of what they have.

The following few months jus t won't be the best of time for them, I imagine, as they get it all sorted.
Old 11-23-2023, 11:42 AM

Just updated all my plugins to try to run my PT Ultimate HDX natively, and the B15 is still causing this issue. Are there any fixes yet?
Old 12-08-2023, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Carbon is a different beast (why "hybrid" plugins don't run correctly on it -- those that depend on native processing but are technically HDX DSP like from Avid, Nugen, etc.)

However, if reporting an issue to the maker, it's important to mention that you are testing on a Carbon. Because they won't be able to recreate the issue on a standard HDX.
I just downloaded the October released updates. For most of my PA AAX-DSP plugins. The B15 def still does not go in to DSP mode! On top of that all my SSL Channel strips from PA still have the long loading time when switching from DSP to Native and vice versa. The Protools 2023.9 release cut down on those load times for all other Plug-in companies. PA plugins still take longer when using more than 5 instances of any of their Plug-ins. I reported it to both Avid and PA months ago and never heard back from PA. Maybe PT 2023.12 which is due any day will fix it.
Old 12-18-2023, 10:01 AM

Nothing has changed with 2023.12. Native instrument still sells the Plug as DSP. Incredible customer service.