Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2008, 10:22 AM

Default Problems With External Drive For Storage (Not Recording)

I recently purchased a Seagate external drive for my Acronis ProTools backups and having issues with it. It either doesn't recognize the drive it all or locks the PC up. If I disable all the USB ports and reboot it, it "might" find it the 1st time however it makes the PC run at a crawl. If I restart the PC, it locks it up until I unplug the drive. I am certain it's not the drive because I can use that drive on my other PCs with no problems and I have the same problem with my 1 gig thumb drive on this (my dedicated audio) PC. Seagate won't help me because the drive works fine on other drives. I have updated the bios on the motherboard that the tech support from the company I purchased it from suggested.

F.Y.I. -I also tried a Western Digital MyBook external drive and got the same results.

The PC is almost new so I can ship it back where it was purchased to be repaired but I was hoping I might get some suggestions here. I really don't want to give this PC up for two weeks and its works great except for this problem.

All help appreciated!