Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2023, 02:44 PM

Default Avid Complete Plugin Bundle

Am I nuts, or missing something? I just realized that the XPand!2 is a version 2018.10 within the Avid Link on Windows while there is actually a newer 2021 version from Air Music Technology?

Are Windows users entitled to the update? The update claims to offer Windows 11 compatibility so I would definitely want an update for this reason alone.

I recently installed a 2023.9 update to Pro Tools for a Mac users and they were given an update button for XPand!2, but I am not getting an update button for XPand!2 within Avid Link on Windows.
Old 11-17-2023, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Avid Complete Plugin Bundle

Hmmm, 2018.10 is what I have too. Maybe check with AIR and see if the update adds anything tangible(maybe it simply adds support for new Macs, which you and I don't need)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-17-2023, 01:49 PM

I don't think the AIR plugins get updated anymore. They went completely silent.
Old 11-17-2023, 02:21 PM
Avid

Hi DDmUSA,

I'm checking for confirmation on this, as the later version might require additional authorization or require a separate license.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM

I had a chat with Air Music Technology. An update to their bundle known as Creative Collection was released in 2021. This update brings compatibility to Windows 11. This bundle is what Avid included with their subscription, so I don't understand why they haven't made the 2021 update available via Avid Link considering it's years later since the update.

I helped a friend using a Macbook and he got an update to a 2023 version of XPand!2, so why has Avid dropped the ball for Windows users?

The 2021 bundle can be purchased from Air Music Technogy for $149, but since we were given the 2018 version and Mac users are getting updates, the question remains, why not for Windows users?
Old 11-20-2023, 06:20 AM
Avid

Thanks for the info DDmUSA.

I'm just checking this right now on our end.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 11-24-2023, 02:08 AM
Avid

Hi DDmUSA,

Upon checking with AIR they told us that they weren't any changes made to Xpand2 app to support Windows 11. The Xpand2 that ships together with Pro Tools is up to date. AIR manage the AU/VST versions of Xpand and the Creative Collection completely separately and have adopted their own versioning scheme that does not bear in relation to the one that is bundled with Pro Tools.

If you're having any issue with Xpand2 on Windows 11 kindly let me know and maybe we can create a case for it.