Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2011, 12:52 PM

Default Software input monitoring

Can Avid PLEASE.......Give us the opportunity to turn off the input monitoring button like in Logic9 ......Our studio really needs this implemented and the sooner the better PLEASE PLEASE Avid....Thank you ...
Old 09-09-2011, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Software input monitoring

I want a Pony.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:54 PM

I don't need a pony......I need a system to to take input monitoring off like Logic Pro.....Cmon guys ..Lets do it......
Old 09-09-2011, 04:21 PM

A few tips -

1) The only description you can give on this is that it should be "like Logic 9" - so the programmers are supposed to go buy Logic 9 and poke around in it for a few days in order to figure out wtf you're talking about? Surely you could provide some sort of real-world situation or example as to the behavior you're seeing and the behavior you want to see instead. Maybe a solution already exists for it and one of us could fill you in.

2) This is not the feature request forum. Assuming you're able to put into words the feature you're looking for, you would submit it here, after searching to make sure someone else hasn't already submitted it.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBB007 View Post
I don't need a pony......I need a system to to take input monitoring off like Logic Pro.....Cmon guys ..Lets do it......
I've been asking for this for years! http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...39#post1273339

However, there's a great little workaround out there from Salvator of Tritone Digital, called MuteTone.

http://www.tritonedigital.com/index....hk=1&Itemid=20

Oh, and it's free!!!!
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 09-09-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcK View Post
A few tips -

1) The only description you can give on this is that it should be "like Logic 9" - so the programmers are supposed to go buy Logic 9 and poke around in it for a few days in order to figure out wtf you're talking about? Surely you could provide some sort of real-world situation or example as to the behavior you're seeing and the behavior you want to see instead. Maybe a solution already exists for it and one of us could fill you in.
I don't think it's necessary really... it's a well known thing and AVID are aware, though have chosen not to bother for many years.

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 09-09-2011, 05:38 PM

The explanation on your old thread is what I was looking for from the OP. The first post in this thread makes zero sense for anyone who doesn't use Logic, and thus is pretty much identical to jibberish.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcK View Post
The explanation on your old thread is what I was looking for from the OP. The first post in this thread makes zero sense for anyone who doesn't use Logic, and thus is pretty much identical to jibberish.
With the same reference and respect, I beg to differ.
If it is something that has not been of interest to you, then you may not be interested, or agree for that matter. Therefore you may not have conversed with the many people that have been asking for this for years. It has become apparently more necessary with the advent of being able to use your chosen I/O, as opposed to being limited to Digi/AVID hardware.

However, as I mentioned, there is a free workaround that takes care of the problem for now.
Regards,
Matt

Old 09-10-2011, 09:36 AM

So, downloaded PT9, hooked up my RayDat PCIe card. Whammo - 36 inputs all showing up and working.

Now, I usually track with an external mixer and then in Logic or Cubase, I turn off the software monitoring and I am able to monitor the mic directly. (At a buffer of (256-512). The software plays back the audio great and when you are tracking it doesn't allow audio to pass back to your monitors.

However, in Pro Tools (including 9), it looks like there is no way to disable software monitoring.

This kind of blows, because this ends up being your workflow if you want to use an external mixer:

- Record enable a track. Mute it so you don't hear the audio mixed with the audio you are already hearing from your mixer.

- Press play, record your audio. Stop.

- Turn mute off, so you can hear what you recorded.

Obviously, the alternative is to record at a lower buffer (128) and just monitor through protools.

Or, get a digi device, like the Digi003, or the new MBoxes. (I do already own an 003 and I guess I am going back to that so that I can use low latency monitoring, even at high buffer levels.)

So, my post is to say - why did they leave out the option to turn off software monitoring, if they are releasing it to any audio interface out there??? Is this the new ADC? We want the ability to turn off software monitoring!

Maybe I am missing something, but I haven't been able to find a way to turn off software monitoring in ProTools 9.

Thanks for your input!

This is the feature I was talking about apparently the Avid staff have not been reading the threads posted all over the internet ...I love Pro Tools ..Lets start with that....And I want to implement this into my daily work flow without having to add 3 party software ..I would rather you give the person who supplied the feature a kick back and implement this feature in PRO TOOLS 9.0.6.....I hope I have been more explanatory then the previous post no need to speak down to your paying public....I spent my years studying music and working hard on producing music ... This is just a request and I hope you can be fair about this without a sharp attack on my question.

ROB BEGG
MARPOLE RECORDING
VANCOUVER BC
Old 09-10-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBB007 View Post
Can Avid PLEASE.......Give us the opportunity to turn off the input monitoring button like in Logic9 ......Our studio really needs this implemented and the sooner the better PLEASE PLEASE Avid....Thank you ...
Here you go. FREE of charge. Works fine.

http://www.tritonedigital.com/index....hk=1&Itemid=20