Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2010, 07:07 PM

Default No Mic Signal Through Audio Track

This thread is hopefully going to solve my problem with recording a microphone through Pro Tools.

Problem: When creating a mono audio track, there is no signal from the microphone.

Setup:
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Audio Technica AT-4040 Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica MTH-50s Monitor Headphones
Great Dell Computer, Quad Core Processor, Tons of Ram, Tons of storage, With WINDOWS 7 OS

Before you attempt to answer this, please know that I have done numerous searches all over the internet, and have not found a single solution. Please note that I AM using the correct input path. I have the track set up to record, and I am using the correct method to record signal from a track. I have phantom power going to the microphone.

VERY IMPORTANT: The microphone setup works perfectly with the fast track pro and with pro tools. If I create an instrument track, and use the same exact input and output, I can hear myself through my monitors, and I can get signal from the mic. However the second I try to use that same input through an audio track, I get nothing!

Btw, I am unsuccessful in recording with either track (it is blank when I record), but at least in the instrumental track I can get signal and hear myself.

Please help me!

Thank you very much.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:58 PM

Default Re: No Mic Signal Through Audio Track

bump