Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2010, 05:43 PM

Default AC-7 DAW controller

First of all has anyone tried this thing out yet? The concept to me is pretty awesome you get some transport controls from the connivence of you your ipod. I couldn't really care to much about messing with faders via an ipod because well the response would be silly. I do however enjoy the idea of being able to record enable a track and play it back while I am away from the computer. Here is the problem I have got it to work in a way... The transport controls are working and I can record enable tracks etc. The only problem is that pro tools has this error keep occurring. It says "Pro tools can not communicate with HUI." This message is super annoying and interfering with what I want the ipod app to do. Has anyone had experience with this thing, I mean 6 dollars down the drain isn't a huge waste but the concept is rather nice. The instructions on the site are really crappy and I sent an email to the site email address I can only hope for a response.
-Purchased Plugs: Tracks S3 Deluxe, Motu Symphonic Instrument, Abbey Roads Drums 70s, and Eleven LE
-PT LE 8.04 CS 2 (Mac) and PT LE 8.04 (Win 7)
Myspace undergoing *Beta Testing* Thrush Records
Old 04-02-2010, 08:38 AM

Default Re: AC-7 DAW controller

Same problem here, lets hope they get it sorted as AC-7 Pro on the iPad looks fantastic.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:19 PM

Hi Guys, I'm the developer of the AC-7 app.
First of all I want to apologise for the problems you're having, there was a fix submitted to Apple a week ago but I guess they're snowed under right now with iPad apps.
The AC-7 Pro version for iPad already has the fix in it.

Pro Tools support is fairly basic at the moment, mainly because I couldn't test it until I bought an MBox Mini last week. Full support is coming soon though.

About the "Pro Tools cannot communicate with HUI"...
I haven't seen this on my system.... Is this in the Windows or Mac version?

Thanks,
Colin
Saitara Software
Old 04-04-2010, 02:27 AM

Hey, I sent an e-mail to your support address. I'm having many issues with the software (maybe just one?). The most pressing issue is the fact that every time I launch AC-7 from my iphone, DSMidiWifi quits unexpectedly. The second issue I'm facing is that when PT is launched, and DSMIdiWifi is running without AC-7 being connected, I have no option for DSMI in my receive drop down within the peripherals window. I choose mbox midi for the receive, and for the send option, DSMI does appear and I choose that. I then receive the message saying that Pro Tools cannot communicate with HUI etc. (I'm on OSX 10.5.8, Pro Tools 7.4 [will experiment with 8.0 tomorrow]) I suspect there is an issue with the DSMI app, since it appears to have been updated in the last couple days. Hope this gets fixed soon, as this app solves many problems for my current setup!
Old 04-04-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaitaraSoft View Post
About the "Pro Tools cannot communicate with HUI"...
I haven't seen this on my system.... Is this in the Windows or Mac version?
Hi Colin,

It's appearing constantly on my system:
mac book pro, Snow Lopard, PT LE 7.4 mbox

Cheers,
Markus
Old 04-04-2010, 06:51 PM

Update: Colin got me set up and now everything works pretty well. Still getting the HUI can't connect message, but I just permanently cleared it, and it's working pretty well. Can't wait until the fader update and I get my ipad. Great app!

Getting some strange artifacts in the track name area when using MidiPipe, but I'll wait until the update comes out before making a big deal about it. It also may not occur in the AC-7 Pro version for iPad. We'll see though.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:23 AM

Got this working on an iPad with PT8 tonight on OSX. I'm also getting the HUI error every minute or so. And I echo the desire to have full complement of buttons for the PT profile.

Other than these issues, this app is VERY cool, great job Colin. Looking forward to an update.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:58 PM

I was excited to get this, but from the sounds of it maybe I should wait. Hopefully it gets some proper Pro Tools support.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:19 PM

Ugh...I've just spent the last 3 hours trying to get this AC7-Pro app to work with Pro Tools 8 on Windows. What a disaster. DSMIDIWiFi got installed, took awhile to finagle MIDI Yoke to work, but then finally that installed. I follow the instructions, again and again, to no avail. And by no avail, I mean Pro Tools won't even start; Pro Tools hangs on startup. As of now, this was a waste of $9.99.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:00 PM

And wow, Pro Tools will not work at all now. With nothing related to this AC7-Pro running on my computer, Pro Tools hangs on startup. This is excellent. I really hope I get to spend hours reinstalling and setting up Pro Tools as a result of this app. Amazing. What a MISTAKE!!!