Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2016, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Please can I have my Licence put in my Ilok Account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsukpadman View Post
...I would appreciate someone letting me have the licence ... Support ticket number is 03040445...
That case is still open/in progress, so I deposited a temp license that you can use to get up and running now with Pro Tools HD 12.6.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Upgrade Plan is current, but a new license/bundle wasn't provided for 12.6

Is this going to how every major update will be in the future? We had exactly the same problems earlier this year with release for V12. I get that I got a temp license and that it will be sorted out in the end.. but this makes a lot of unnecessary stress for the customers. Why didn't Avid learn from the release of V12? They got all kinds of angry reactions then..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2016, 04:49 AM

Thanks Yes, I placed a call to AVID , and a temp licence was sorted...
apparently there have been some problems with perpetual licences..!!!
Shouldn't take a phone call to get what was paid for though !
Old 10-05-2016, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Upgrade Plan is current, but a new license/bundle wasn't provided for 12.6

Ok, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Sorry about this. I'll follow up with the rep - the case should remain open until you have your full license.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:15 AM

Hey jeffro, could you help me out too? I have a perpetual license, as well, but PT 12.6 isn't working for me. I get an iLok activation screen on startup that says, "You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there have activations available."

Case #03053201 over here.

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwilsonfive View Post
Hey jeffro, could you help me out too? I have a perpetual license, as well, but PT 12.6 isn't working for me. I get an iLok activation screen on startup that says, "You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there have activations available."

Case #03053201 over here.

Thanks.
Case in progress, so deposited a temp to get you up and running.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:19 PM

I renewed my subscription to PT 12 on 10/4 and downloaded the update. I installed it today and when I ran it, I was told that I needed an iLok asset. I refreshed my iLok account and the asset is in fact there, valid through 10/5/2017. I activated it to my iLok. however, when I try to run 12.6 I get a dialog telling me that "...You have one pending license that requires me to surrender one or more licenses..." and advising me to run the iLok manager. I have repeatedly done that to no avail.

what to do, what to do? very annoying...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...
Old 10-06-2016, 03:43 AM

Although I had the new license and all my licenses seemed to be correctly on my iLok, in a fit of desperation I tried dragging them one by one to my iLok directly. I have never had to do this before mind you! 2 of them popped up a dialog saying in effect, we are already there. The third started the process to surrender and update!!!! I quit iLok, started PT ant it now works.

Maybe this will help someone else...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...
Old 10-06-2016, 09:25 AM

Following up; currently no permanent license and the case [03048020] remains closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Sorry about this. I'll follow up with the rep - the case should remain open until you have your full license.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:43 PM

My case is still open (03047297) but nobody seems to care since 12.6 is out (except jeffro of course.
If someone could tell me what the problem is or why they did roll out 12.6 without working licenses just for understanding the problem! Then less people would be angry i think...
MacBook Pro i7 Quad 2.6GHz 16GB RAM
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block