Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2010, 01:10 AM

Default Aggregate mode in windows

I have heard that using asio4all in windows allows us to use Aggregate mode, but how exactly? Has anybody got this working , and if so where did you set it up (as the pc has no equivalent page for audio like the mac) any help appreciated

BP
Old 11-19-2010, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Aggregate mode in windows

i tired a little. but ultimately protools couldn't initialize the I/o when my 002r and line6 UX2 were both enabled.

you start the asio4all configuration and select all the inputs you want to use. you'll see all the available hardware in the menu. just turn them all on.

i should say, i "think" this is how it should work, but it didn't boot up for me so....

then start protools and tell it to use asio4all in the playback menu.

i may play with it some more when i have a bit of time but another problem i foresee is getting everything to clock from the correct source. i have my source as my adat device feeding the 002r and a third s/pdif device pluged into the 002r. i'm not sure how i'd get the UX2 to read the clock... it seems to only be able to function as it's own clock.

it would be great if i could get it to input directly into protools but otherwise i'll have to stick with using it's analog outputs into the inputs on the 002r. (which limits it's usefulness because of the latency in the A/D/A/D that's i'm going through there. but i mostly use it for scratch guitar/bass/vox when doing drums on my better pre's so, oh well.

anybody have better luck?

www.jntracks.com
Old 11-19-2010, 04:07 AM

Interesting...thnx for th ereply
I dont see my PT HD interface listed in the ASIO4all control panel , so cant seem to select that as an available input ..I can however run PT using asio4all as the playback engine, but not that useful as its then the only available inputs!

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?
The Air Users blog implies some people have it working, but Ive had no answers back there

http://www.airusersblog.com/home-pag...omment10580268

Cheers

BP
Old 11-19-2010, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntracks View Post
i tired a little. but ultimately protools couldn't initialize the I/o when my 002r and line6 UX2 were both enabled.
It's likely that Windows users will ultimately experience the same drawbacks of the 002/003 family as Mac users do.

Even with OSX's official aggregate support, the 002/003 family is not compatible. So, I would assume the same results trying to aggregate in Windows.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 11-19-2010, 07:38 PM

ah, i see that might be it. a property of the 002/003 units.

and vsukpadman says HD doesn't even talk to the asio4all driver at all.

www.jntracks.com
Old 11-20-2010, 01:13 AM

Jn Tracks

not strictly true..I can run PTHD USING the asio4all driver , just cant work out how to agrregate that and the HD 192 interface yet ....I cant see the other inputs when asio4all is the driver and vice versa

cheers

BP