Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 07:54 AM

Default Core Audio manager... HW is use.

This is a clean install of tiger 10.4.2. I get the same error everytime with any OS with any version of Core Audio Manager.... The setup dialog appears, asks me to select an interface which I do, i can select identify and it lights up. I can change the format for 1 and 2 (888/24), and the interface pretty much acts as expected.

then the manager app opens to the box i am all too familiar with and it says d24 (HW already in use) and of course it doesnt ever work then.

the same error happens on officially supported OS's with officially supported core audio manager standalone versions.

does anyone see why i just want to smash OSX?? All I want this piece of crap for in OSX is to run with FCP.

Quicksilver 867 with 1.5 GB's RAM
3 hard drives.
Bit 3 chassis
1 d24
1 mix i/o
5 dsp farms.
pro tools 5.1
core audio manager 6.9.2 (or whatever, the one released for tiger the other day)
OSX.10.4.2
Old 09-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Avid

Default Re: Core Audio manager... HW is use.

Did you have any version of Pro Tools or the Core Audio driver for OSX installed previously?

Here's what I would recommend -

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences and trash 'DAE Prefs' and 'Digisetup.OSX'. Empty the trash and restart.

Also, go to MacHD>Library>Audio>Plug-ins>HAL and let me know which version of the Core Audio driver is currently installed and if there are any other drivers in that folder.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Avid

Also, keep in mind that the d24 was not tested with this Core Audio version, so there may be incompatibilities that we are unaware of.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:03 AM

Thanks Digi. yeah, it's what i suspect as well. I cant get a version number right now but will do so ASAP.

this d24 card i am not even sure is the right revision so i have been in the back of my mind been blaming that the whole time.

I have no versions of pro tools installed on there and maybe should consider a purchase of 6.1 but I cant be guarenteed or expect it to work. this systems old and I know that. though it is time to upgrade i just cant do it right now. i am missing some features of OSX and it's a pain to boot back and forth. I wish i could figure this out. everytime a bew OS or core audio manager comes out, i always try it. I'll get that version number up asap.