Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2012, 12:40 PM

Angry Pro Tools 10 randomly crashes while EQing with the Artist Control! HELP!

Guys, what is going on. Bought the Mbox Pro with PT 9 with free 10 upgrade, Artist Control and Artist Mix. Using a mid 2011 MacBook Pro with 16 gigs of ram. The only thing not common is that I have a one of the two monitors hooked up using USB and a USB monitor driver.

For the past week I've had it crash at least once a day. Always while I'm EQ'ing with the Artist Control.

It just did it again.

Many many years ago before I switched to Macs I was forced to get into the habit of ctrl-s'ing every few seconds as I once lost a very important and very big project I was working on to a BSoD because, like a dumb ass, I hadn't saved.

For the past 7 years I slowly just kept forgetting to save and ended up falling out of the habit of saving because everything was so stable for me on Macs. Until now.

Yesterday I lost a huge chunk of work after it did this same crash. The backup settings were set for every 5 minutes but for whatever reason PT decided not to back up for over 40 minutes, so that was [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ed. I can't take this anymore.

I'll be sure to start manually saving after every single moment I do something but this problem needs to be fixed. Please tell me there's a way I can fix this!

Problem report below here http://www.3rdcornerstudios.com/Pro%...%20Report.html
Avid Artist Transport | Genelec 8351b Monitors | Genelec 7360A Subwoofer x2 | Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone