Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2023, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Most economical way to upgrade from PT 12.5 for use with High Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
^^^ that's all kinda already covered above, and to avoid adding to the confusion, there are no such things as a "perpetual reinstatement" that somebody can purchase. They don't exist any more there are only "updates" aka perpetual license updates/support plans -- and now they can renew current update/support plans or reinstate previous lapsed update/support plans or start an update support plan for qualifying products that were never on an update/support plan (like in this case).
As always, Darryl explains it better.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 10-06-2023, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Most economical way to upgrade from PT 12.5 for use with High Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
As always, Darryl explains it better.
I really appreciated what you were going for, it's so *** damn confusing for folks. And yeh Avid does the right thing and brings back perpetual and simplifies updates also doing "reinstatemetns"... thank you for listening Avid... but that itself creates more temporary confusion. And on some dealers websites if you search for "reinstatement" it says the product is no longer available which is technically correct--which was exactly what was in my mind with my reply post there.

Changes just create confusion: in the few days after the new license change announcements one reseller site also had some typos/simple copy and paste mistakes on some of their product pages that might have implied to folks you could "upgrade" or "downgrade" between say ultimate and studio. Looks like they have that cleaned up now maybe with help from Avid folks here.