Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2008, 12:27 PM

Default Superior 2.0 nice with Pro tools

Has anyone tried out this new drum sampler called Superior 2? it is ridiculously unbelievable. The bussing flexibility with Pro Tools is a dream come true!!! Not to mention the huge sound meant for metal.

sorry guys i am selling my copy of Strike with its Ilok licence. Superior 2.0 is the new industry standard in virtual pro multi mic drums and drum samples.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:54 PM

I'm a Superior Custom and Vintage user and I've just updated to Superior 2 now that it's out.

It's stunning.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap Launcher View Post
Has anyone tried out this new drum sampler called Superior 2? it is ridiculously unbelievable. The bussing flexibility with Pro Tools is a dream come true!!! Not to mention the huge sound meant for metal.

sorry guys i am selling my copy of Strike with its Ilok licence. Superior 2.0 is the new industry standard in virtual pro multi mic drums and drum samples.
Not likely, - Strike is seriouslly easy to use and sounds great, - you can use it as a drum-module or as an arranger (with ease i might ad..)

All the new stuff in Superior 2 is great, and it sounds great, and yes the routing is great. I bought Superior 2 (or rather I bought the update from EZ-drummer..), and it was a total let-down I think (from easy to use, to overly complicated..), - why they have scraped the idear from EZ-drummer with an intereated midiplayer and drag and drop from the plug-in is beyond me. I dont want to use yet an other plug-in(midiplayer pro or whatever to do a quick arrangement...). It seems they think that all the users they got is drummers, and use kits like TD20 to play drums, and it is non-pro to have integreated arrange...

To bad, - it could have been the new "producers best friend" for acc. drums..

Well, - its back to Strike for me for the majority of work..

Cheers

Euro-Sound Studio
www.euro-sound.org