Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2010, 04:21 PM

Default Re: The Official Unofficial Windows 7 Thread

I have a M-powered and an HD ilok (I bought on ebay for a spare). The HD is blue, and the M-powered is red. On the back (not where the m-powered sticker is) there is a pace number. The MP one is PACE 001 and then a number ending in MP74(7.4 being the version that I bought) The HD one is HD73 ( which is the version that's on it.)

So long story short, if your iLok is Blue, and the code is HD and it has HD as the asset on ilok.com, then it won't work with M-powered. It needs to say M-powered as the asset on your account. If it's blue and the code ends in MP8 or whatever then maybe it's just blue.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
I have a M-powered and an HD ilok (I bought on ebay for a spare). The HD is blue, and the M-powered is red. On the back (not where the m-powered sticker is) there is a pace number. The MP one is PACE 001 and then a number ending in MP74(7.4 being the version that I bought) The HD one is HD73 ( which is the version that's on it.)

So long story short, if your iLok is Blue, and the code is HD and it has HD as the asset on ilok.com, then it won't work with M-powered. It needs to say M-powered as the asset on your account. If it's blue and the code ends in MP8 or whatever then maybe it's just blue.
Pace #001. My RoHS # is 1706HD7o. Looks like they packeaged the wrong freakin ilok. My first pro tools experience has not been good.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderHorse View Post
Pace #001. My RoHS # is 1706HD7o. Looks like they packeaged the wrong freakin ilok. My first pro tools experience has not been good.
absolutely, You need to contact the dealer, and I would call Avid as well. That's a huge error. They may be able to just transfer a asset for you, but who knows.

Did you buy this new? Cause there are a lot of people selling old HD iLoks on ebay that have 7XX versions on them.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
absolutely, You need to contact the dealer, and I would call Avid as well. That's a huge error. They may be able to just transfer a asset for you, but who knows.

Did you buy this new? Cause there are a lot of people selling old HD iLoks on ebay that have 7XX versions on them.
I bought it new. I need an M powered key. I'll call the ilok people tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:02 AM

Don't call Ilok. Call your dealer and avid. One of them screwed up. I would start with the dealer. Was it online or a local store? If it was local they may have the ilok for you. As they might hve switched it by accident.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Don't call Ilok. Call your dealer and avid. One of them screwed up. I would start with the dealer. Was it online or a local store? If it was local they may have the ilok for you. As they might hve switched it by accident.
I called the store. He's contacting Avid and said they'd probably switch it out. I have to work today, but hopefully, it will get straightened out tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubstik View Post
Thanks for you help albee. I only have the single drive in the new PC. It seems from what you say that I should get another one installed and see if this cures the problem. The 002 does still work with the old WinXP machine.
Cheers.
Well folks I have installed another separate hard drive as suggested, and I have also double checked and went through all the recommended windows 7 changes here:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self..._for_Windows_7

PT 8.0.4 works on my Win7 machine but is still noisy on rec and play. It is like a kind of old vinyl record sound if you will

Still looking for any more advice from anyone who may have experienced a similar problem and resolved it, or any other DUC member who has any other pointers that might help me please. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubstik View Post
Well folks I have installed another separate hard drive as suggested, and I have also double checked and went through all the recommended windows 7 changes here:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self..._for_Windows_7

PT 8.0.4 works on my Win7 machine but is still noisy on rec and play. It is like a kind of old vinyl record sound if you will

Still looking for any more advice from anyone who may have experienced a similar problem and resolved it, or any other DUC member who has any other pointers that might help me please. Thanks.
Is it clicky/poppy or just a consistent hiss/fuzz noise?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmarti08 View Post
Is it clicky/poppy or just a consistent hiss/fuzz noise?
I wouldn't describe it as hiss or fuzz. It is more like an old vinyl record sound and then breaks up/degrades even further into what I would describe as digital distortion. I am at my wits end with this problem, so any ideas are most welcome. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderHorse View Post
I have pro tools M-powered 8. A blue Ilok came in the sealed Pro Tools 8 box. The blue Ilok has an M-Powered label taped to it. My hardware is an Audiohpile 192. I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
Is this an actual sticker or is it using tape - like Scotch tape?

If it's a sticker - that's normal. M-Powered iLoks are no longer just red - we have blue ones as well as of a few months ago.