Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2011, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Memory leak with EuControl on Win7 x64

Any further news on this ?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:03 AM

My First post here;

It's been over 2 weeks since I discovered this and wrote to Euphonix support. I 've sent two emails now with screen shots and detailed info about this and heard absolutely nothing. I've registered here in the hope that I'll get better service than direct tech support.

This isn't a good first impression , I am a professional in this industry of over 25 years and as AVID are one of the leading players I would expect better service.

Marcus
Old 03-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
My First post here;

It's been over 2 weeks since I discovered this and wrote to Euphonix support. I 've sent two emails now with screen shots and detailed info about this and heard absolutely nothing. I've registered here in the hope that I'll get better service than direct tech support.

This isn't a good first impression , I am a professional in this industry of over 25 years and as AVID are one of the leading players I would expect better service.

Marcus
Did you see my previous post?

Quote:
Thanks for the reports - it appears there's something to this and we're investigating the source of the problem.
We're still investigating and I can't predict when a fix will be out until we know what the exact problem is.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:38 AM

well only after having to come here and register, I would have thought a reply to my emails from tech support would have been the correct/polite way of replying to my query.

As I said I've been in this business for over 25 years and dealt with lots of pro audio companies in that time, this is my first experience with Avid/Euphonix. Having to find a forum and register as a way of getting tech support after emailing directly doesn't seem very professional to me.

To be fair I've only waited 3 years for you to write a windows driver!!
I've just gone out and bought an MC mix and an MC transport, I was about to but an MC control 2 as well, this doesn't fill me with confidence if I have a problem down the line.

Marcus

www.NorburybrookStudios.com
Old 03-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
well only after having to come here and register, I would have thought a reply to my emails from tech support would have been the correct/polite way of replying to my query.

As I said I've been in this business for over 25 years and dealt with lots of pro audio companies in that time, this is my first experience with Avid/Euphonix. Having to find a forum and register as a way of getting tech support after emailing directly doesn't seem very professional to me.

To be fair I've only waited 3 years for you to write a windows driver!!
I've just gone out and bought an MC mix and an MC transport, I was about to but an MC control 2 as well, this doesn't fill me with confidence if I have a problem down the line.

Marcus

www.NorburybrookStudios.com

Do you have the case number from your email support request? Did you submit this via Euphonix or Avid?

I tried to look up Euphonix support cases using what I assume is your real name, Marcus Norbury, but I didn't see anything. I'm unable to check Avid support cases at the moment, but can do so in a bit - having more info from you as far as support case numbers would help.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:37 PM

Thanks I appreciate the help from here

here's my case :

Dear marcus cliffe,

Thank you for submitting your question to us online. Case #00009567: "memory issue" has been created and a Euphonix Customer Service Representative will respond to you shortly.

Best regards,

Customer Service Team Euphonix

ref:00D79OeX.5007GAkxi:ref
Old 03-18-2011, 09:31 AM

I'm experiencing the same issue. Forces us to reboot the PT HD rig about once every couple of hours to make sure it doesn't lock up while we're working.

Would really like this resolved asap.

Cheers,
Chad

Old 03-20-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYork View Post
I'm experiencing the same issue. Forces us to reboot the PT HD rig about once every couple of hours to make sure it doesn't lock up while we're working.
Hi Chad!

I have an MC MIX running in 64 bit Windows (4Gb RAM) and Pro Tools sometimes locks up forcing me to hardware reboot the computer. Do you think it's due to the memory leakage of the Eucon driver?

Thanks in advance
Fred

PT HD 9.03 + HD Core card, Nuendo 5, Cubase 6, Wavelab 7, Samplitude 11, W7 64bit, ASUS P5B, Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz, 4Gb DDR RAM, UAD-2 QUAD (all plug-ins), RME RayDAT, Lavry DA-10, Mytek Stereo192 ADC, 2xApogee DA16X and Rosetta 800, Quested V3110 three-way speakers, Avantone MixCubes, Euphonix MC MIX, Novation Remote SL61 and Zero SL MkII, lots of funky outboard and analogue synths.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:40 PM

I'm still waiting for a reply from Euphonix about this, it's been nearly 3 weeks since I emailed tech support with screen shots and details.

It really is very poor service

MC
Old 03-21-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjafreddan View Post
Hi Chad!

I have an MC MIX running in 64 bit Windows (4Gb RAM) and Pro Tools sometimes locks up forcing me to hardware reboot the computer. Do you think it's due to the memory leakage of the Eucon driver?

Thanks in advance
Fred
Hard to say for sure, but I've seen the Euphonix processes on our machines climb up to 2GB of memory over the course of a day. Depending on how power hungry your sessions are I can definitely see it causing hangs/lockups.

Also make sure that you've got at least one processor not assigned to RTAS processing in your Playback Engine prefs.

Cheers,
Chad