Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2008, 07:18 PM

Default What is going on?!!

Had a strange thing happen today.
I was prepping tracks that I had recorded to be transfered to the producers home studio for additional odubs and mix in Nuendo.
I have done this very same process a gazillion times.
Back up to a couple of external drives
open the sessions
consolidate all the files to zero
select unused in the audio bin and delete from disk.
My audio bin is left with nothing but whole files all starting at zero.
Then go to the Audio Files folder and drag the files into a folder on the desktop, burn a DVD and done.
Today after doing my consolidation/deleting... I go to the Audio Files folder and all the unconsolidated files are still there... making things very difficult. I figured out a work around with the help of a DUC regular Mr. Willis but the whole thing cost me an evening with my 2 year old. Had 14 songs to do.
Anyway, I'm pretty new to PT7 so this could be some sort of pilot error but I would think "delete audio from disk" should mean delete audio from disk. It has since PT5. This even stumped Mr Willis... my go to guy when I have PT issues.
I did quit PT and restart the Mac none of which helped.
I know about using 'save copy in" and other work arounds to achieve the same end but I would prefer to do things the way I've been doing it for the past 9 years.
Any ideas?
BT
MacPro 8 core
www.btruitt.com
Old 06-14-2008, 12:23 AM

Default Re: What is going on?!!

i'm with you on this
i, too, use the work around of save session copy in...
but the anal part of my brain is bothered by having to use extra disk space unnecessarily
i. too. wish it would work as advertised; consolidate, select unused, option-delete
instead i go to my audio file folder and see dozens of unused files which i manually trash, reopen session, and then empty trash
it's been this way as long as i can remember or as long as i've bothered checking my af folder.
in fact i wonder if that's why i haven't seen more of this mentioned in our chat fest; maybe many people don't look, even your post sat lonely and neglected for a couple a days so i'd thought i'd join and rail against the silence
e
Old 06-14-2008, 07:04 AM

Default Re: What is going on?!!

Hi. I just did a mock test and it worked here.
PPC G5 dual 2.7, PT's 7.4.1, OS 10.5.3
BWF, 24bit, 44.1KHz session for this test.
Is this an Intel only issue?

{Several audio file, added edits. then consolidated to zero. Next to the region bin and select all unused>Delete (Not Remove) Saved session then went to the sessions audio files folder and there was just the consolidated file as to be expected.}