Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 11:24 AM

Default DAE error-4 is ruining my life

Sorry to ask about such an elderly setup, but I can't afford a new system, or an upgrade, and I reckon someone has faced this issue before - tho' I have looked and cannot locate a relevant thread.

After a long break [divorce, storage etc.] I'm trying to use my old grey G3 OS 8.5.1, 384M RAM, which works fine for normal computing. I have PT ver 5.0, and the unit, as is, worked fine for a long while using the same, recommended dual-ch ATTO SCSI accelerator and two 9g SCSI drives in a Rourke rackmount enclosure which fits 4 drives - the Rourke shows a green 2 on its LED after powerup [SCSI channel? # drives? can't remember!]. PT launches most times w/o a prob, and will then open old sessions, start new ones etc., but on playback sometimes and constantly in record mode it runs for about 30 seconds or so then I get a DAE -4 error.

One very strange thing ... when I get the error, I OK it, it comes up again and has to be OK'ed twice more, then it will run for a while. In other words when it does give the error, it fails three times in a row, and runs after OK-ing the error msg. on the fourth - EVERY TIME!

Dunno if it's pertinent, but I can't start my machine w/the Rourke on, or the system hangs. I have to boot up, then run Hard Drive Toolkit and mount the three volumes [one drive is partitioned into 2]. For Sh#ts and grins I've tried recording using the extra internal HDD [non-system one] as well as all three SCSI volumes, same result. So I don' think it is a HDD prob per se.

Any ideas to get an old skool songwriter/engineer back in the saddle? Thanks ... [email protected]
Old 03-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Avid

Default Re: DAE error-4 is ruining my life

Have you tried running Digitest to see if you might have a bad card?