Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2001, 01:55 PM

Default some feedback please

love to get some feedback on my new mp3's,
songs were produced and mix with the 001 , pt5le and an sm-58
check it out at http://www.mp3.com/mrerror
Iv'e been getting very good feedback so far,wants to know how does it sound to people with the same creation environment.

cheers
Old 10-02-2001, 10:49 PM

Default Re: some feedback please

I listened to the first song you had up there...Forgot the name, but it sounded pretty cool. It had a cool vibe to it...

Keep up the good work!
Old 10-03-2001, 09:37 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by djhydro:
how does it sound to people with the same creation environment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I think its very good. If we are talking about the creation environment, are you using plugins for the fx? If so, they sound great and are being used very tastefully. In the track "God Bless TV", there was a point near the end of the song where the resonance filter on the lead keyboard was so harsh and high pitched, it hurt my ears a little ( I was wearing cheap headphones at the time). I think the mixing ideas are very creative, with the panning and processing fx. Reverbs sound great. Can the songs be done live, maybe with some samplers? I think they'd come across great on stage.
Old 10-07-2001, 06:52 AM

thanx guys,Im still improving my tracks and working on some new stuff.
I'm using only plugins,no external hardware,the thing is I use pt plugs in the mix such as compressors and eqs and delay and reverb but when I want trully to manipulate a sound I do it in post production and than import it to the mix,like that filters sound you mentioned.
for a verb ,I'm using the real verb which I guess is cool,something I do lack still is a decent mic and preamp,that's what I need to go to the next level,maybe some day...