Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2015, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Yosemite support is now available with EuControl 3.2.2 and Workstation 3.2.2!

So EC3.2.2 is no longer compatible with OS10.8.5 while PT11 is?!

Why are EC and PT so often not in sync regarding their system specs? Either you can't use EC with the most recent OS while you can with PT and the next version comes out and EC doesn't support the OS needed for PT11/10 dual installs.

Frank.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:06 AM

Default Re: Yosemite support is now available with EuControl 3.2.2 and Workstation 3.2.2!

I had no problems updating my Transport or Control to the latest firmware under OS X 10.10.2, but the Mix was tricky. Ultimately it ended up requiring me to be really quick.

I left the EuCon software window open. Turned on the Mix. It would show up in the window as attached to my computer and then after a brief moment switch to *available*. I managed to get the firmware update to go after several attempts by quickly clicking on the Mix and then the Update Firmware button in that very short time it was listed as attached to my computer.

The Mix is going through a switch but it's on a dedicated Ethernet port on my Mac Pro and it has a dedicated IP address. Perhaps that might have some bearing on things.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:23 AM

Feature Requests:

Since there is some traction on this thread and people are posting Bug Reports, I am throwing in 2 feature requests.

Auto Assigned Faders by Track Type
This would be the same functionality as the Master (or Track, depending on age) switch in the Custom Fader section on the Icon surfaces. Personally I am most interested in Auto Assigned VCAs. In this mode only tracks of a given type would show up on faders. You wouldn't have to manually assign each on and if you only had a Mix unit with 8 faders but 16 VCAs you could nudge and bank to the extra tracks.

VCA Spill
This would be the same functionality as the Mute/Bypass switch on Icon surfaces when in Custom Fader by Track Type mode. Pressing the Select switch next to the knob above the fader or Shift-Select next to the fader (or something like that) when in Auto Assigned VCA mode would switch the track layout to only show the tracks grouped under the selected VCA.

Thank you for listening.

Jon
Old 04-12-2015, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Hi Everyone,

Please go here for all of the information:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=366479

Thanks for your patience, guys. I know its been a long wait.
Hi there! I know you guys are working hard on this kind of updates but, do you know that there are some bugs since lots of years??? I mean, whats about surround panner??? still a circle in pro tools??? we have spent tons of money on these machines and this is really a shame....

more things....

if I select ALL the tracks or a group of tracks, in the mixer, (with the option Auto bank selected track) the faders bank to the last selected track instead of the first one!!!!! If you select ALL the tracks, it banks again to the last one, so I have 11 faders OFF..... GO TO FIRST PLEASE!!!!! BANK TO LEFT NOT TO RIGHT!!!

You can read all our REAL demands here:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=364265

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2015, 07:55 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
#2. Shift-fader touch no longer snaps to 0.. I think this is more recent, others have complained about it too.
Damn I was wondering last week wtf was happening about that. I was making a demonstration of the console and I was like "you just hold ****f-fader to reset it to zero".... and then nothing happened and I looked like a fool. Great.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:48 AM

The surround panner is probably a circle because this product was originally designed to work with logic and cubase, only later adapted for pro tools.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:53 AM

Hello

Using AVID Artist Mix
I just installed the new EUCON 3.2.2 and finally updated firmware thanks to your last post , but the controller is still not being recognized by my DAW
small rectangles only on the controller screen
EuControl Settings show surface available and claimed by my computer
I also manually entered a new IP address according to the instructions in the manual

Any ideas?

OSX 10.10.2 Yosemite
Mac Pro Late 2013
DP 8
Old 04-13-2015, 09:34 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNDDECISION View Post
So far it is working great.

Crazy thing , I'm so used to it not working at least 50% of the time (or more) its actually bizarre to load a session and actually have all the faders pop up.

It used to bug me so much that it would often not work...or disconnect but then I actually got used to assuming it wouldn't work and I'd just be mixing with the trackball... which of course was a sad state of affairs.

Hard to believe I'm actually excited to have software that adds no new features but simply works.... imagine that.

Well....hopefully it stays working and that maybe AVID is getting on track after years of neglect!
Good to hear you are having a good experience.

JC
Old 04-13-2015, 09:35 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
The surround panner is probably a circle because this product was originally designed to work with logic and cubase, only later adapted for pro tools.
Exactly.

JC
Old 04-15-2015, 05:42 AM

Wooow, just.... Wooow!

My Control unit is working again, which is great!

I installed 3.2.2. I connected my MC Control directly to my MBP with 10.10.2 to perform the firmware upgrade. This all went down great. After the firmware upgrade, I rebooted the system, and connected the network cable to my Thunderbolt display. After resetting the network settings for my Display ethernet connection, the unit had trouble connecting. Not showing up in the Eucon app as one of my surfaces.

But then I remembered the sequence of the connections was of relevance. So I put the Display ethernet on top of all other connections (Wifi, firewire, bluetooth, etc), and the unit popped up in my eucon app.

So wooow.. just WOOW! Finally I can use this piece of gear!