Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2015, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Still haven't got my free plugins for Pro Tools 12.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmichaels74 View Post
I too have not received my 12.2 HD Plugins. I opened a case on Thursday following the instructions. I've had a little interaction with support but it's not resolved yet.

I wonder how few is a "very small amount of failures" mentioned in their final post before they locked the thread and started deleting posts from those of us who said, "Wait, I don't have mine yet."

I will say that my license in question was upgraded in Dec 2014 back when they were saying "Buy in now and get all updates through Mar 2016." I saw another thread from someone who said they upgraded in Nov 2014 and didn't have their HD Plugins either. Is it the early adopters who are having problems or are there others?

Jon
Mine was upgraded in October 2014! Been a Digi/Avid user for over 23 Years! Still no plug-ins.
So much for early adaptors
Old 09-28-2015, 12:04 PM

I just wish I knew what one's "System ID" or "Contract Number" are so I could put in a Support Case, but apparently that's too much to ask.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
He who doesn't submit a support case may not get served. Avid isn't omniscient. There are acknowledged avenues whereby it isn't automatically recognized that someone qualifies for the support plan & plugins. If you qualify, haven't received them yet, and want to be sure to get them, submit a support case.
Hi Mr Jimmy,I have not got any new upgrade for free plugins in my pt 12.2 native software production of my avid account.

Could you work with me?thanks!
Old 09-28-2015, 12:16 PM

I just checked my Avid account and the plugins ARE there. I don't know when they arrived there b/c the last time I checked my account was early last week. I only bought PT HD in August, two months ago. So I have no idea what the method is to Avid's madness as far as in what order they're rolling out these plugins to accounts.

But mine are there, so have hope. And I did not open any kind of support ticket. They just finally showed up. Fingers crossed for everyone else here...
Old 09-28-2015, 01:29 PM

I just got a response from support saying that I would see my plugins in the next 7 days or 2nd week in October.

Interestingly, it said started with "the processing of plug-in bundles began this week" which seems to contradict the "Hey we finished everyone except a small number of errors" post from last Thursday.

This might be the "Oops we forgot about all of THESE people." Not sure. Good luck to everyone.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarduan View Post
Hi Mr Jimmy,I have not got any new upgrade for free plugins in my pt 12.2 native software production of my avid account.

Could you work with me?thanks!

Hi Solarduan,

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to help you resolve this. Avid support knows about this thread and others, but the official way to get help is to follow the instructions in the support post.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=372324

James

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 09-28-2015, 06:07 PM

I suppose the $64.000 question is do those of us who don't get our "Bonus Plugins" at the same time as the others do, will we get our support plan extended an amount of time as we have to wait? Don't hurt to ask as it seems like the FAIR thing to do.
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 09-28-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiagodutra View Post
I just wish I knew what one's "System ID" or "Contract Number" are so I could put in a Support Case, but apparently that's too much to ask.
Tiagodutra,

You can find you System ID by logging in to your Avid account, clicking on "My Products & Subscriptions," and then find your active upgrade or support account. When you click on that, you should see your System ID at the top left of the panel that opens. Hope this helps.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I just got a response from support saying that I would see my plugins in the next 7 days or 2nd week in October.

Interestingly, it said started with "the processing of plug-in bundles began this week" which seems to contradict the "Hey we finished everyone except a small number of errors" post from last Thursday.

This might be the "Oops we forgot about all of THESE people." Not sure. Good luck to everyone.
that's interesting.

my reply said that they're aware of the issue but can't offer any timeline for resolution.

they'll be in touch when there's more info to provide.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:

That response was incorrect. (Sorry for not having all of CS on the same page - that was addressed internally today!). The post from last week is accurate, processing was completed. There was a small amount of account issues (which contributed to the confusion) so CS is working to get installers and temp licenses out to affected customers while those are being addressed. If you are on an Upgrade and Support Plan, Plug-in and Support Plan, or Subscription, and do not have the Additional Value Content listed with your product please follow the instructions at http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=372324