How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2013, 03:02 PM

Default Unable to open Pro Tools 10 in Windows

Hey Avid Community,

I'm brand new to this so I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum. I was unaware I had an ASC for my purchase of Pro Tools 10, let alone that it expired within 60 days. So I'm hoping I'll find some answers here!

I was able to install Pro Tools on my Mac desktop with no issues whatsoever. While trying to do the same on my Toshiba laptop (running Windows 7) I've encountered an issue I have no idea how to resolve. I ran the Pro Tools installer and there were no problems, but every time I attempt to open it with the iLok plugged in, Pro Tools gets to DAE Loaded before popping up with:

"Unable to locate hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Click "OK" when the hardware is ready"

No matter how many times I click OK this message won't go away. I've uninstalled and re-installed. When I click on Cancel it quits Pro Tools.

PLEASE HELP
Old 10-30-2013, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Unable to open Pro Tools 10 in Windows

Hey Welcome to the APAC/DUC Forums

First off, what computer, interface, hardware, version of osx, PT10 what version etc etc. We need to have more info and you can find that here :

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

Also, what happens if you hold down the "N" key when booting up PT on the Win computer? Can you choose your hardware from a pop up and is your interface/soundcard there?

Start with trying this and post back with more info next time please

Best of Luck
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-30-2013, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Unable to open Pro Tools 10 in Windows

IF you are trying to run off of your computers soundcard, you need to install ASIO4all. This will basically "convert" (for lack of a better term) your soundcard driver (typically Realtek) to ASIO which is what Pro Tools needs to work on Windows. Once you install this, you should be good to go.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10