Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2006, 09:57 PM

Default 7.1 record error

After using the very stable 6.9.2 for a long time I upgraded to 7.1.

I use a dual 2 Gig G5 (second gen) with six gigs of RAM. I have two SATA drives, one for system/apps and one for recording.

Lately, I've had this problem: When I stop the transport during recording, sometimes the "beach ball" spins and spins and eventually I have to force quit PTLE.

The bummer, of course, is that I lose whatever take was just recorded. Well, it's also a bummer to have to force quit the application during a session.

So what gives with this? Anyone else have this?

Also, remember how in the setup dialog, there were check boxes for buffer underrun errors not stopping the transport, and that you would get dropouts but only thru the monitor chain? Is this option still available? I used to count on that for heavy sessions.

Finally, have there been other CS upgrades for non-Intel macs than CS-8 for 7.1? I couldn't find any, but I sure could have missed them.

Thanks,

max
Old 07-10-2006, 05:17 PM

Default Re: 7.1 record error

I'll just talk to myself here since I guess I'm having some unique problems.

Today I tried to make a bank of tracks active (twelve tracks of drums, to me more exact) and as Pro Tools was trying to activate the tracks, the application just blinked out; no "quit unexpectedly" dialog box or anything.

It's kind of disheartening after having such a stable system with 6.9.2.

I remember it took a while to get 6 stable, so maybe I have to wait, but meanwhile, it's kind of a drag.

BTW, I checked my RAM with Techtool and it says it's all fine (six gigs or RAM took a long time to check, too!)
Old 07-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Avid

Default Re: 7.1 record error

Have you tried all the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting thread yet?